There's No Place Like Home Part II

Callie's POV:

It was morning, when I awoke to Sophia snoring. She was cuddled with me, with her head on my chest when I finally stirred. 

I was still groggy myself when I said, "Good morning my little one. How are you today?"

I squeezed my daughter tightly as I spoke and then gently kissed her forehead to rouse her. I could tell from the angle of the light streaming in the bedroom window that we were waking up later than usual for both of us.

"Morning, Mom. Where's Mama and Maddy?" She yawned as she slowly gained her faculties and remembered our family slumber party from last night.

"I'm not sure, but I'm guessing your sister needed something. I think I heard them leave the bedroom not long ago. Should we get up and see where they went?"

Soph said, in a voice slightly muffled by my chest, "You go, I'll stay here and keep the bed warm." I giggled at Sophia's ambivalence towards being awake. She was becoming more of a teenager each and every day and sleeping in had become more critical recently as she was growing up.

"Okay, I'll go see what they're doing, you stay here." I went to stand up and felt a bit weak. I figured I had yet again stood up too fast as I steadied myself by holding the mattress. Once outside our bedroom, I could hear the girls out in the kitchen. Sure enough, Maddy was in her high chair and was busy eating oatmeal with blueberries.

"There she is, Maddy." My wife's and our baby's face lit up when they saw me walk in. I bent down and kissed both of them before staggering towards the coffee maker.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you two get up."

"We're fine, Callie, so no need to apologize. Maddy needed a change and then decided she was ready for her breakfast. We thought we should let you two sleep and figured from the sounds of your shared mother/daughter snoring, that you ladies needed the rest."

"How bad were we last night, Arizona?"

"You both were so adorable, so I didn't give it a second thought. Madelyn and I slept just fine and are used to the nocturnal noises that you two make at night."

Arizona was giggling as I sat down next to her at the table. She quickly kissed me again and caressed my cheek to reassure me about my snoring. I know it can be loud but sometimes I can't help myself when I'm really tired.

"Where's our oldest?" Arizona pushed a lock of hair out of my face as she asked her question.

"Oh, she's keeping our bed warm at the moment."

"How thoughtful of her!" We both laughed at Sophia's response to Not, getting out of bed.

"Is it me Callie, or would you and Sophia be okay staying around the house today? I know we talked about doing something outside of our home, but the weather is terrible. It's been a complete downpour this morning and the wind is blowing pretty decently. The thought of going out in this with a 10 month year old is sounding less appealing as the day marches on."

I yawned, took a sip of my coffee and said, "Staying home sounds fine to me. I think our lazy daughter will be fine with it too. I think her biggest concern for the day revolved around making pizza for dinner tonight. Which reminds me, I need to run to the grocery store this morning so I can buy all the ingredients."

"Callie, I'm one step ahead of you and took the liberty of ordering our groceries early this morning when I couldn't sleep. They should be delivered by early afternoon so we don't need to go pick them up."

"Arizona Robbins, you're a godsend, do you know that? Going out didn't sound like something I wanted to do either this morning."

"I know I am Callie, and you're a lucky woman to have me." Maddy was eating a blueberry she had just picked up with her left hand. We were starting to think she might be left hand dominant but wouldn't know till later on.