Seasons Change Part II

Callie's POV:

As I was waking up on Saturday morning, I could hear huge raindrops coming down at a loud, rapid rate. The lighting was still dim in our room, but I wasn't sure if that was from the storm clouds, or because it was still early. When I opened my eyes to roll over and look at the clock, I was greeted by a set of very familiar, gorgeous blue eyes.

"Good morning sweetheart. I hope I didn't wake you, did I, Callie?"

There was Arizona, laying on her side, just looking at me. It would have been unnerving if she wasn't so stunning to see, first thing in the morning.

I yawned before saying, "No, it was the loud rain coming down that did." That's when I viscerally, yawned again.

Arizona leaned in and kissed my forehead. I decided to take advantage of our quiet moment and snuggled on her chest so she'd hold me while I slowly woke up. She knew what I wanted and just silently adjusted her body to accommodate my desires as I shifted. She even made me more content, when she started running her fingers through my hair.

"Arizona? Why were you staring at me? Did I wake you with my snoring?"

"No, you're fine, Callie. I couldn't sleep and was just laying here thinking about how radically different my life was on this exact day, 2 years ago. That's when I realized the magnificent beauty I had laying right next to me, ...and you know how much I love watching you sleep."

"So, you were staring!"

"I was Callie and I'm not going to apologize. It's completely your fault for being so beautiful and irresistible to me..." 

We shared a passionate kiss between the two of us, as we squeezed each other tighter for a moment.

"Well, thank goodness you find me attractive enough, that even after all our years, you still want to watch me sleep. I can definitely tell you I did not wake up like this 2 years ago! It's funny how those 'dark days,' seem so long ago, but they really weren't, huh?"

"I know what you mean Callie, and that's exactly what I was laying here thinking about. It seems so foreign to me, that 2 years ago, I woke up without you or either of our daughters. It feels like those 'dark days,' were a blip in my consciousness as I look back, now."

"I feel the same way. It's like the time we were apart, was just a bad dream. All the good times we've spent since getting back together and remarried, have helped erase all my prior sadness without you, Arizona."

The rain continued to fall, but had started slowing down for a bit. I had glanced at my alarm clock by now and knew it was just after 6 am. 

Arizona kissed my forehead and said, "Well, don't you even think about going anywhere, ever again, Dr. Torres."

We both laughed as I said, "Believe me, I won't be going anywhere without you, or the girls, right by my side. What made you start thinking about what you were doing 2 years ago?"

"Nothing big, I'm just excited to carve pumpkins and bake cookies with our daughters today. I know this sounds silly, but I didn't get to spend that Halloween with Soph. I was laying here thinking how wonderful my life is now, that I get to spend every single holiday with her, you and Maddy. It's little things like that I sometimes take for granted, but try not to."

I scooted my body up, so our lips were level and deeply kissed Arizona's lips.

"You're right, sweetheart and I need to be more mindful myself about forgetting how wonderful we now have it. For all our struggles and joys, I can't imagine doing life with anyone else, than you."

We both shared another kiss after I spoke, which was precisely the time that Maddy started fussing.

As we pulled away, Arizona said, "Well Callie, speaking of our struggles and joys... do you want me or would you rather go see what our youngest 'joy,' is 'struggling' with right now?"