Prologue

In the beginning, [God] made several living things and allowed them to roam the world he created. Out of all of them, he especially loved humans, who were made in his image. Their superior intelligence and unrivaled abilities allowed them to dominate every part of the world for quite some time, creating diverse cultures and societies. It made [God] proud.

One day, [God] suddenly wondered how much further humans would develop, and how they would change the world and other dimensions. Hence, he ordered twelve children to be born from his own flesh and blood to help humans and observe how far they would go.

The twelve children understood their father's will, traveling across the world and between dimensions to impart all kinds of knowledge to humans. At the same time, they stimulated human desires and instigated several conflicts.

However, only one of them was skeptical about their mission. He taught art to humans under his Heavenly Father's orders, but he was doubtful of the meaning behind it.

"Humans are uncivilized, ignorant and greedy. To them, art is nothing but a luxury beyond their means," the son said.

"However, my son, unlike you, who are perfect from the beginning, humans are constantly evolving. Aren't you curious how they might grow if you show them the way?" [God] replied.

"I am not curious. Regardless, humans are lowly and foolish. They are a species that knows nothing about progress," the son insisted.

It was [God]'s command to further develop their insignificant level, but his son, who loved beauty and abstract art, shuddered at the sight of the humans' barbaric and ugly nature. Even though [God] tried to persuade and pacify him, and harshly rebuked him, his heart did not waver. In the end, it incurred the wrath of [God].

"Very well. If that is what you truly think, live a thousand lives without any divine power and authority in the world of the humans whom you despise so much. Become one of those very same humans, and yet prove you are different from them. If you manage to accomplish anything in the human world without any power, while not having a single memory of being my child, I will acknowledge your will."

Thus, [God] cast his son into the human world, in the hope that he would feel something over the course of a thousand lives. However, as he was well aware of his son's personality, [God] did not have high expectations. It was apparent that if he did not do something about it, his son would gain nothing and it would be a complete waste of time.

Living a thousand times in a human body is probably just like a game to that child...

[God] thought. He decided to come up with a contingency plan and requested help.

His twin daughters continued their older brother's duties and taught art to humans. However, they soon lost interest in the work, as it was not their duty to begin with, and neglected art. Therefore, at some point, humans had to learn and master art by themselves.