Chapter 87

“Regardless of what I do, the wind from you doesn’t reach me. We walk on the same path, but the waves blowing from me push you away. Let’s bury the dark and sad truth in the shadows….”

Woon Jong-Shin’s eyes widened as Woo-Jin sang. Kang Goo-Ra had a lukewarm reaction, but everyone else admired Chae Woo-Jin’s vocals, which sounded the same as the recorded version. Anybody who had sung along to ‘The Wind That Blows From You’ at least once would know that it wasn’t an easy song to sing.

“You sing really well. You sound so good.”

“Well, you sound decent. Chae Woo-Jin, would you consider going on The King of the Masked Singers by any chance? With your ability….” While Woon Jong-Shin was full of admiration for Woo-Jin’s performance, Kang Goo-Ra only responded that it wasn’t bad.

Woo-Jin returned to his seat and earnestly asked Kang Goo-Ra, “Could you convince my CEO to let me go on the show?”

“Ah…”

“It was tough for me to appear on this show too.” Simply by mentioning CEO Jang Soo-Hwan’s name, Woo-Jin was able to decline any request to appear on variety TV shows without having to say much.

“Well, even if you go on the show….”

“Yeah?” When Woo-Jin expressed his curiosity, Kang Goo-Ra shook his head and told him it was nothing.

“Ra doesn’t seem to be in good condition. You mentioned you had a sore throat earlier. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, kind of.” Ra smiled broadly. She was a young girl, so the hosts found her very endearing and lovable.

“That reminds me – I heard that Ra is known for being a cat lover. Doesn’t Woo-Jin have a cat too?” Woo-Jin responded to Kim Goo-Jin’s question by recounting the story of how he crossed paths with Woo-Sa again. Ra then looked at Woo-Jin as her eyes lit up.

“After being apart for twelve years? Wow~! Hearing this story reminds me of our Peanut, who crossed the rainbow bridge not too long ago. Our dear Peanut had also lived with us for twelve years before leaving.”

When Woo-Jin heard that the cat was 14 years old when it crossed the rainbow bridge, he sympathized with Ra for the first time and felt upset too. It seemed like he didn’t have much time left with Woo-Sa, so he felt depressed. However, he could also feel Ra’s sorrow.

“Butlers [1]! Let’s not do this here.” Woo-Jin returned to reality and continued with the program only after Kim Goo-Jin stepped in.

“It’s time for us to delve deeper and get to know more about Chae Woo-Jin. Is it true that you were an original member of a certain idol boy group and even took part in recording sessions?” As though he was interrogating Woo-Jin, Kim Goo-Jin’s tone and attitude were solemn.

“It’s true, but that’s not unheard of for trainees. It’s common for us to go further along in the process and record songs only to leave the group or agency at the last minute. Hence, it doesn’t matter who the members were before they debuted and released the album.” Woo-Jin proceeded to say that he was nothing special and reacted in a way that implied it wasn’t a big deal. However, as the hosts were aware that Blue Fit’s fans had been targeting Woo-Jin on the internet, they saw it as a problem that needed to be addressed.

“But don’t you feel disappointed? They’re not just idols – they’re Hallyu stars now. You must have felt a little envious to see them do well, right?”

Woo-Jin looked indifferent as he replied, “No.”

“I find it hard to believe! Bring it over.” A staff member brought over a portable lie detector that they had already prepared in advance and placed it in front of Woo-Jin. The user would hook their finger to the machine, which released some electricity to shock them when they told a lie. Woo-Jin was fascinated by it, and when he placed his hand on it, the hosts ran over to him like hounds.