Chapter 34

“How did the move go? I should have helped out.”

“You should rest when you’re not working. Besides, we left everything to the moving company, and they took care of everything, so my younger sister and I just sat around since we had nothing to do.”

After his mother’s wedding, Woo-Jin and Woo-Hee moved into the new house that Choi Min-Woo prepared. Both their mother and Choi Min-Woo had gone on their honeymoon, but arrangements had been made prior to that, so the siblings had nothing to do. They simply needed to set a date for them to move.

Nonetheless, Kang Ho-Soo apologized for not being able to take care of it personally. He thought differently from Woo-Jin, who felt that such matters did not fall within the job scope of a manager. Contrary to Woo-Jin’s initial impression of him, he was extremely attentive, kind and reliable. But because of that, Woo-Jin was often put in an awkward position as he tended to go above and beyond while carrying out his duties.

“Your mother’s wedding was both beautiful and lovely. If I get married, I’d love to do something similar, if possible. Even if I were to scale it down, it would still cost me a fortune to do something similar,” said Hwang Yi-Young with a blissful look on her face, as she fixed Woo-Jin’s hair while recollecting that day.

It was a small wedding where only Woo-Jin’s uncle and his family, as well as close friends, had attended. However, it was a rather fancy wedding that was meticulously planned and executed down to the last detail. Looking at his mother’s wedding elicited strange emotions in him. More than anything, Woo-Jin wanted his mother to be happy.

“I heard that my mother was very thorough with the wedding preparations.”

“Come to think of it, you mentioned that your mother was the one who designed the shoes that became a huge hit after Kim Hye-Young wore them in ‘Cinderella’s Dream’, right?”

“Yes, but my mother didn’t actually watch that drama.”

During the production of the drama, she had received a commission and collaborated with them to design the shoes. However, when it was being broadcasted, she did not watch ‘Cinderella’s Dream’. Instead, she watched another drama during that time slot. This was because during the design process, Kim Hye-Young had given her so much grief that she was appalled from just looking at Kim Hye-Young’s face for a period of time. She was just happy enough with the outcome of the shoes that she had personally designed without seeing it appear on TV.

“So what are her future career plans? She’s now the wife of the CEO of Brisingamen, right? I feel that it would be a waste if she quit her current job since she’s very talented, but things could become complicated if she works for another company as a designer.”

“The company that my mother worked at is affiliated to my father’s company, so it’s a little awkward. My mother was fine with it, but the boss felt kind of bad, so she decided to quit and now she is working at my father’s company as a designer.”

His mother had gotten married right after college before she could accumulate life experiences. She did not want to leave her previous company as she was proud of the job which she had found after the divorce. Most importantly, she liked her job. Hence, she had no intention of giving up her job as a designer to become someone else’s wife.

“In that case, wouldn’t the employees of your father’s company feel uncomfortable?”

“Designers tend to be very individualistic. Her co-workers at her previous job were not uncomfortable – only the boss felt that way. Fortunately, the boss of Brisingamen is my father, so it doesn’t matter.” 

“That makes sense. Nobody would say anything if the boss’ wife wants to work there. But what will she be doing at a jewelry company if she’s a shoe designer?”

Become A StarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara