Chapter 33

"It originally started off as Chae Woo-Jin’s Fancafe, but due to the serious circumstances, it became a place for anti-fans to gather for them to rally against TM and Blue Fit,” replied Kang Ho-Soo.

After hearing Kang Ho-Soo’s response, Hwang Yi-Young looked even more baffled. Kang Ho-Soo gave a brief explanation to Hwang Yi-Young, who did not know that Woo-Jin used to be a TM trainee. As Chae Woo-Jin’s manager, he had gotten Woo-Jin’s background information from CEO Jang. Thus, he knew a lot of things about Woo-Jin that even Woo-Jin himself was unaware of.

“Wow! Woo-Jin used to be an idol trainee? It suits him, but for some reason, it feels like it doesn’t suit him that well.”

“It seems like the leader of the group bullied Mr. Woo-Jin because he wanted to become the main vocalist. When Blue Fit debuted without Woo-Jin because of various reasons, it must have completely taken Mr. Woo-Jin’s fans by surprise since they were enthusiastically waiting for his debut. Nonetheless, Mr. Woo-Jin was still with TM back then, so his fans kept silent out of fear of messing things up for him with his agency. But ultimately, Woo-Jin still left TM. Thereafter, his fans came together to establish ‘ Wish Baragi’. They gave Woo-Jin the nickname ‘Genie’, coined after the genie’s lamp that grants wishes, thereby naming their fanclub ‘Wish Baragi’.”

Initially, the Fancafe members called each other ‘baragi’, but it eventually became ‘barag’. It was funny how the barags mistook Chae Woo-Jin’s name as Choi Woo-Jin. Since there was no way of getting information about a trainee, Wish Baragi was a fanclub that was created without any proper information.

Chae Woo-Jin’s high school was a place where students were obsessed with academics. Most of the students there were more interested in the core subjects – Korean, English, and Math, rather than the entertainment industry. It was a school where grades came first.

In order to do what he wanted, Woo-Jin hid the fact that he had joined an entertainment agency until the very end. Woo-Jin managed to pull this off because not only was he the top student in the school, he was also in the top 0.1% of the country. When Woo-Jin told his teacher that he would be more comfortable studying at home, his teacher had trusted him and allowed him to do so.

Of course, neither Woo-Jin’s teachers nor his classmates knew that he was an idol trainee, except for his close friends. More importantly, he was in an all-boys high school, where no one was particularly interested in the entertainment industry with the exception of girl groups. Nobody from his school would coincidentally spot Woo-Jin when he went to TM's headquarters for work. It was the same in college. The strikingly handsome Woo-Jin had always been at the center of attention, but nobody could imagine that he had dreamed about becoming an idol. This was especially true since he barely interacted with his classmates or anyone else in college because he did not actively participate in any activities. Thus, there wasn’t much room for rumors to spread.

Additionally, the fangirls who waited for Woo-Jin in front of TM’s headquarters did not cross paths with him during their daily lives – their social circles did not intersect. Most importantly, they had always thought that his name was Choi Woo-Jin instead of Chae Woo-Jin. Even when they had heard that Chae Woo-Jin was the most handsome guy in school, they would snort and say that he was nothing compared to their beloved Choi Woo-Jin.

And the biggest factor was that his agency had prevented any information from getting out so that they could create a sense of mystery in preparation for Blue Fit’s debut. However, because Chae Woo-Jin had been released from TM, his fans could not get any information about him. As a result, they had almost zero information about Woo-Jin. That was how Chae Woo-Jin’s fans, who loved him for his great looks, ended up creating Wish Baragi, becoming anti-fans of TM and Blue Fit while waiting for Woo-Jin’s return. One of the members must have mistakenly heard ‘Chae Woo-Jin’ as ‘Choi Woo-Jin’, and they gave him the nickname Genie.