Chapter 32

“I’m Chae Woo-Jin, I played loan shark A in the movie.”

Upon hearing his words, a commotion broke out in the theater. The real name of ‘The Unknown Actor’ had finally been revealed, but it was not wrong to say that he did not have a name. Apart from Park Min, the production crew and the other cast members were busy trying to hold back their laughter.

Up until now, they had kept quiet whenever people talked about ‘The Unknown Actor’ just so that they could see this reaction, since they could imagine the reaction of the public if they were to find out that the charming character was actually a nameless one.

“Nevertheless, since I’m called A and not 1 or 2, I’m grateful towards the writer because it sounds rather cool.”

The crowd burst into laughter. While they were still immersed in the ambience of the movie, if it was revealed that the real name of ‘The Unknown Actor’ was loan shark 1, they would have instantly been brought back to reality.

“Just like everyone else, I’d like to thank the production crew and my seniors, but I’m certain that the gratitude I feel is even greater. Since it was my first time acting, I was lacking in a lot of aspects, but everyone had done a good job in guiding and encouraging me, especially Kang Hee-Joo, who had ended up reshooting a scene because of my poor acting. As I watched and observed her on set, I managed to learn what it was like to be a professional actor. Today, it was my first time watching the ending of the movie. For some reason, Ara didn’t look very happy in the end, and that was what made me the happiest.”

The movie clearly had a happy ending. Not only did Ara manage to get rid of the false charge, she had also caught the criminal and was now freed from the clutches of the loan sharks. Ultimately, the movie ended with her walking on the beach while holding hands with the male lead. However, he could feel the heavy weight on her shoulders by looking at Ara’s facial expression at the end – her forced smile suggested that while she was happy, she was never truly happy, thus eliciting sadness in the viewers. Woo-Jin had seen Ara’s final facial expression through the eyes of loan shark A, and hence, it was more satisfying than anything else as A had died while hoping for something like that to happen. Woo-Jin's face was glowing, as he smiled .

The words of the production crew and actors, who had spoken before him, became vague and scattered. The only thing they remembered was the last impression left by Chae Woo-Jin. As a result, Park Min had only achieved half of his goal. He wanted to sacrifice Kang Hee-Joo and quietly remove himself from the spotlight. However, that didn’t mean that the movie would not become a box office hit, and it also didn’t change the fact that he was still the male lead.

Park Min had only been getting useless attention over the past few days. However, he concluded that this was better than being criticized for his acting skills or having his appearance compared to Chae Woo-Jin, and being criticized for it. While he did manage to remove himself from the spotlight as planned, he wanted Kang Hee-Joo to be in the spotlight, not Chae Woo-Jin.

Park Min had gone in the wrong direction from the start. He tried to make Kang Hee-Joo look bad by attacking her acting skills, but her acting in the movie was perfect to the point that it was hard to believe that she had struggled in the early stages of the production. However, Park Min, who was indifferent towards other people’s acting, could not have known that. As such, Park Min’s presence, as well as his comments, had been quietly buried beneath all the buzz. 

After the preview screening, the headlines were filled with several different topics. Chae Woo-Jin’s appearance as the real identity of ‘The Unknown Actor’ who acted as the charming loan shark A; praises about Chae Woo-Jin’s acting skills; and Kang Hee-joo and Chae Woo-Jin’s warm anecdotes.