Chapter 51

Park Yeon-Ah had the best acting skills compared to any of the other female actors Woo-Jin had worked with. Despite the awkward habits she had acquired as a stage actress, there were moments where she had completely immersed herself in her character. It could be seen when she made eye contact with Woo-Jin during the shoot.

Woo-Jin looked at Park Yeon-Ah, who was sitting across from him, and pulled himself together. Yeon-Ah's character, Lee Yoo-Ra, was someone who grew up in a loving environment; someone who was bright and full of positive energy. After seeing her clear eyes start to gradually cloud over as time went by, Louie felt pain. But he never found out the reason why.

Today, they would be shooting the part where the two people were strangely drawn to each other even though they could not be happy together. They had to work well together so that they could properly portray the buildup of emotions. Acting is not only a solo act, teamwork is important as well.

Park Yeon-Ah, who had been sitting across from him, had been replaced by Lee Yoo-Ra. Eventually, they heard the sound of the clapboard, and Woo-Jin had forgotten about acting.

“The world is such a strange place. Even though there are people like me, I don't understand what they're saying.”

His motherland, which he had left at a young age, had become a foreign place to Louie even though its people spoke the same language as him. Louie had never given up hope that he might meet his biological parents one day. And when that time finally came, he wanted to tell them all about his life and the things which he did. As such, Louie had never forgotten the Korean language. He would study and practice Korean in his free time so that he could speak it fluently, but it had long since lost its purpose. 

Lee Yoo-Ra replied offhandedly to Louie, “I'm good at Korean. If there's something you don't understand, you can always ask me to translate it for you, it's not a big deal.” Regardless of how difficult a problem was, it would become a piece of cake after Lee Yoo-Ra took a look at it.

“So, what do you not understand? Ask away.”

“I'm not your patient.”

“Don't worry. I'm not a shrink, so I won't be charging you. Also, I said that I'd translate for you, not treat you.” Lee Yoo-Ra smiled delightfully and shrugged, as though she was proud of herself for saying something funny. Her confident and cheerful personality was foriegn to Louie as he had never experienced such emotions before.

“I think that you're the weirdest out of everything I've seen so far.”

“Me?”

“I've never seen such a weird creature like you before. I don't understand what you're saying and everything you do is weird.”

“...”

“That said, I don't dislike you…which makes me even weirder. Can you translate that?” The way Louie stared at Lee Yoo-Ra looked so innocent, like a student waiting for an answer. He truly did not know anything, and the curiosity and anticipation in his eyes were genuine. He was not trying to tease her, and  neither was he trying to get the obvious answer by beating around the bush.

Lee Yoo-Ra froze for a moment as she did not know what to tell Louie, who had truly asked out of curiosity. She had a vague idea of what the answer was, but it was embarrassing and awkward to say it out loud. Louie looked at the blushing Lee Yoo-Ra's face and tilted his head.

“Are you not feeling well?”

“Nah.”

“Don't be sick.”

“I'm not.”

“Adults are good at telling lies without batting an eye, so I don't believe you.”