Chapter 75

Although the contract stipulated that the agency had the right to veto ‘dangerous situations’ and ‘shoots that threatened the health and life of an actor,’ the important issue here was that Chae Woo-Jin did not see it as a ‘danger’ and just accepted his task.

However, our agency considers this to be a reckless move on Chae Woo-Jin’s part as he is an actor who is unaware of his position. DS plans to actively intervene and take charge of any future action scenes that Chae Woo-Jin will be involved in. Please understand that it was an inevitable choice by our agency, as the safety and health of our actors is our top priority.

We would like to clarify that this does not mean that the shooting of all action scenes is prohibited. We give you our word that the public will always be able to see the cool side of Chae Woo-Jin in an action scene as long as it is deemed necessary. We will take the plot of the story, the actor’s wishes, and his safety into consideration.>

Park Eun-Soo had a very serious look on her face while she was reading the article. There were a lot of things she wanted to know but the article had limited information. She was torn over whether she should personally call her son or not. He was in the middle of shooting at the moment, so she was very worried that she might interrupt him.

“What are you looking at with such a serious…oh my! Do you like Chae Woo-Jin too?” The youngest designer of design team 3, Ryu NYe, was happy to see the article Park Eun-Soo was reading. Ryu NYe often said that Chae Woo-Jin was her muse, so Park Eun-Soo simply nodded in response.

“You must be shocked too. Initially, I too thought that it was CGI, so I was very shocked when I watched the behind-the-scenes video. What kind of drama would make their actors shoot something like that? In any case, I knew that Park Jong-Hyuk would eventually stir up some trouble! I even prayed in front of a bowl of jeonghwasoo!”

“Is the PD that notorious?” Ryu NYe fumed with anger in response and told Park Eun-Soo about Park Jong-Hyuk’s past deeds.

“When Genie said that he would be working with Park Jong-Hyuk, we knew that this day would eventually come.”

“Genie? We?” Park Eun-Soo tilted her head in bewilderment. Ryu Nye then proceeded to explain the backstory of Chae Woo-Jin’s nickname and his Fancafe in detail.

“Oh, there’s such a platform too.”

“If you sign up for his Fancafe, you can get information about Genie faster than other people. His fans are quick when it comes to getting information about him. Additionally, if there are malicious comments about Genie, the fans gather quickly to respond to these comments to defend him.”

As soon as Park Eun-Soo expressed interest in joining the Fancafe, Ryu NYe elaborated on her work at the Fancafe and gave a brief introduction on the nature of the fans.

“Ah! The hairpin that Genie gave his co-star Park Yeon-Ah for her birthday is our company’s product. Park Yeon-Ah uploaded a picture of it on her social media, so the accessories department was kicking up a huge fuss today, saying they hit the jackpot. The CEO even gave them a corporate card to use for their get-together.”

Park Eun-Soo seemed to have taken an interest in this piece of information that she was unaware of. Seeing how Ryu NYe was more up to date with information about her son by using a platform she didn’t know about, Park Eun-Soo developed a strange sense of jealousy. On the other hand, Ryu NYe was so excited that she hadn’t noticed the look on her team leader’s [1] face. People usually got excited when they talked about the things they liked, and would tattle on endlessly if the other party showed any signs of interest.

“The barags decided to put up with the current situation for the time being. The drama is on track to hitting a viewership rating of 20%, so we cannot criticize the PD right now. Naturally, people are saying that the PD made use of our innocent Genie, but what will doing that accomplish? Hmph! I’m just waiting for him to wrap up the shooting of the drama. This is just like the cooling period in The Clinic for Married Couples: Love and War. [2] Park Jong-Hyuk has to suffer big time, seriously! He doesn’t know how important Genie is, and if this drama becomes a success, Park Jong-Hyuk is going to become even more successful. I don’t want to see him succeed like that! Even if I want to make a voodoo doll of Park Jong-Hyuk, I can’t do that until they’re done shooting the drama.”