Chapter 63

"Yeah, you better hold onto that connection of yours for as long as possible. You sure are lucky. As someone who I used to cherish and care about, I hope your good luck lasts for a long time.” Seol Moon-Young appeared to have said everything he wanted to. He walked off after saying, 'See you later,' in a flat voice. He showed some courtesy by greeting Kang Min-Ho and Park Yeon-Ah, who were standing at a distance, before getting into the car that had arrived just in time and driving off.

“Are you not on good terms with him?” Park Yeon-Ah asked doubtfully. Regardless of how much Woo-Jin and Seol Moon-Young were smiling, she could sense the tension between the two.

“Be on good terms with that person? No way.” Woo-Jin answered more firmly than ever as he dusted off his left shoulder where Seol Moon-Young had touched with his palm. Woo-Jin was explicitly showing that he would be in a foul mood if Seol Moon-Young left even a speck of dust on him.

“Oh, right – about the idol starring in our drama. He's Lee Min-Soo from Blue Fit.”

“Lee Min-Soo?” Woo-Jin disregarded Park Yeon-Ah, who was delighted for some reason, and asked Kang Min-Ho how he felt about him.

“I know he's been in a couple of dramas before, but I don't think he was bad.”

“He wasn't great in the beginning, but he started to improve more and more over time. He's hard-working, and people can see that his acting has gotten better, so the public's reactions were positive on the whole. He took on roles regardless of how insignificant they were, saying he wanted to start his acting career in a slow and steady manner, and work his way up, thus creating a good impression.”

Because of Blue Fit's immense popularity, there was nothing strange about Lee Min-Soo taking on lead roles, and yet, he took on minor and supporting roles, earning him a lot of brownie points.

“Besides, isn't it good that he'll be portraying Choi Kang? I think he would be a good fit for the role of a rebellious teen who couldn't fulfill his dreams of becoming a singer because of his family's opposition.” Park Yeon-Ah had been resentful about an idol being cast in their drama but was now smiling brightly in approval.

When Kang Min-Ho pointed that out, she replied proudly, “Even if I object, they'll still cast an idol in our drama anyway, so it's good that they picked Lee Min-Soo. He's the best choice out of all the idols. In fact, he's the best at acting.”

After the press conference ended, there wasn't anything scheduled for the evening. It was already late, but their remaining free time was like a dream for those who had been exhausted from the recent hectic schedule. On his way home in the car, Woo-Jin saw the advertisement for City of Shadows on one of the buildings of SBC's headquarters. Even though he had heard about it before, it was his first time seeing it today as he hadn't gotten a chance to pass by the broadcasting station till now.

Woo-Jin felt his heart pounding hard after seeing Louie's face on the enormous billboard. If this had happened sometime back, he would have felt embarrassed and overwhelmed, but now, there was a subtle change in his emotions. Without realizing it, the pleasant excitement had boosted his confidence.

Having come this far, he had no intention of losing his place to anyone anymore, regardless of who they were. Woo-Jin was well-aware of the reason behind his unprecedented thirst for victory. He thought he no longer harbored any resentment towards those people, and his residual feelings for them were well-hidden. He had hoped those feelings would stay buried deep within himself and never come up again, but it had been wishful thinking on his part.

As soon as Woo-Jin got home, instead of studying or taking a break, he went to research clips from all the dramas Lee Min-Soo had acted in so far. From Woo-Jin's perspective, Lee Min-Soo's acting in the beginning was very hard to watch. However, Lee Min-Soo had made visible improvements over time, and Woo-Jin could see that he had grown enough to be called an actor.