Chapter 8

It was only then that Woo-Jin recalled that G&C Entertainment did a romance film once every few years. Their movies failed terribly at the box office every time but were still made for the sake of market diversity, and were known to be the graves of directors and actors. There was a tinge of resignation on Kim Sang-Jin's face as he sighed. He looked as though he had been through a huge hardship.

Woo-Jin said, "It seems the male and female leads have already been cast."

"Yes. It was a very difficult feat! Hoo." Kim Sang-Jin laughed hollowly, saying he had already heard all the curses that would last him an entire lifetime. "But it's really unfair. I'm the casting director, but ultimately, the one above me is the one calling the shots. She's none other than the Supreme Witch. All I do is notify the actors who have already been chosen by her. You guys were trapped this time, but I'm the one taking the blame."

"In that case, she chose me too? Where did she find me?" Woo-Jin asked. If what Kim Sang-Jin said was true, that would mean that he had also been chosen by CEO Choi Won-Hee herself. However, before that, Woo-Jin was curious about how she had known about him in the first place.

"You were chosen, but..." Kim Sang-Jin had been speaking eloquently the entire time, but now, he avoided Woo-Jin's gaze and became evasive. As Woo-Jin continued staring at him, he eventually caved and revealed the entire story.

"The process of hiring the production staff and casting the main leads went smoothly. This was because they were selected by someone with high authority, hence they were not in a position to decline. However, the role of 'Cha Hyun-Seung' was the only one that couldn't be filled. According to her, he's someone who has to be absolutely intelligent and handsome. That's because he has a crush on the female lead, and we're going to be observing the male and female leads from his point of view. Otherwise, he could be mistaken for a stalker or a loser."

Perhaps Kim Sang-Jin was feeling thirsty; he apologized to Woo-Jin as he drank his unfinished americano. The drink he had ordered earlier had not been served yet.

"I was thinking about how my abilities would be doubted at the end of the day if all the nominated actors failed terribly, and then I suddenly thought of you. To be honest, when I was on the phone with Director Moon, he kept singing your praises, so I asked him for a favor and received the edited footage." Kim Sang-Jin looked at Woo-Jin in a meaningful way, and asked, "What do you think?"

"I think I know why I'm here," Woo-Jin muttered. Director Moon Seung-Kwon. Woo-Jin exclaimed Director Moon's name in his heart with mixed emotions of gratitude and resentment.

"Bingo! And it was CEO Choi's decision, not mine. She was also very pleased with the fact that you look just like her son."

"I guess I look familiar because I look like her son," answered Woo-Jin apathetically, as he tried to make the best of this situation, while Kim Sang-Jin smiled with a doubtful look on his face.

"Her son is the spitting image of his father," Kim Sang-Jin continued.

"Is that so?" Woo-Jin asked.

"You don't know?"

"Am I supposed to know?"

"He's the chairman of G&C Group."

"Ah, I don't know much about businessmen."

Seeing Woo-Jin blush instantly, Kim Sang-Jin laughed and made a remark about how young people these days did not know much about the corporate world, continuing, "The chairman of G&C Group is famous for looking like a toad. He's short and has a belly. CEO Choi's sons look like their father.

"A toad..."

"Yes, it's the regular sort of toad you're thinking of."

Woo-Jin did not know how to comprehend those words, so he blinked repeatedly for a moment. If he could, he wanted to look for a mirror and look at his face right now. He had always been indifferent about how he looked, regardless of what people said, but the toad comparison came as a shock.