Chapter 89

"Woo-Jin, are you okay?”

“Yes?”

“Your hand!”

When the red light on the machine went off, the electric current would flow through and shock the user if they were lying. Considering the lit-up red light, the machine was already shocking Woo-Jin non-stop, but he was just staring blankly at Ra. Finally, he snapped out of his thoughts and came to his senses after hearing people call out to him and hurriedly removed his hand from the machine. When they asked if he was okay, he responded with an expressionless face, as though he had lost his soul.

“Hey! What am I going to do? How can you tell everyone my name! It’s so embarrassing!” As soon as the recording was over, Chae Woo-Ra entered the waiting room and grabbed anything she could get her hands on before throwing them at DYoung. At first, she threw a tissue box. And then, when she threw a leftover boxed lunch at DYoung, the latter quickly dodged it.

“I don’t know what’s so embarrassing about the precious name that your parents gave you.” DYoung calmly dodged the incoming objects both times. Chae Woo-Ra was the first to run out of energy. She gasped for breath as she gave DYoung a hostile glare.

“My name must have been so old-fashioned that it gave Woo-Jin oppa such a huge shock! If my oppa hurt his hand, you’ll have to take responsibility for it!” Even though DYoung was the eldest sister in their group and was three years older than her, Chae Woo-Ra dropped honorifics and spoke to her casually. It didn’t bother DYoung at all either.

“Your oppa, my ass! He didn’t even want to give you his phone number.”

“As long as I like him, he’s my oppa!”

“If you like him that much, why don’t you just join his Fancafe and take part in those fan activities?” DYoung pointed out that even though Chae Woo-Ra herself claimed to be a fan of Chae Woo-Jin and was always thirsty for more information about him, she didn’t even sign up for his Fancafe.

“Fancafes are for losers who will never get a chance to meet Woo-Jin oppa in their entire lives, so why should I sign up for it? You make me laugh! Are you telling me right now that you think I’m on the same level as those lowly beings?”

“Yeah, you’re so great that you lied about having a sore throat and didn’t sing, right?” Even though Chae Woo-Ra was a sub-vocalist, she was the best singer in Berry Rose. Initially, when they wanted to make her the main vocalist, she said it was too much work and threw a tantrum. And so, her agency’s CEO calmed her down and made her a sub-vocalist.

“Am I a clown? Why would I sing in front of old people.”

“So what does that make Chae Woo-Jin? He sang three songs today.”

“I know! In any case, he’s too nice of a person.” DYoung found it amusing how a person like Chae Woo-Ra had someone she liked.

“Well, you do have the same last name, and your names start with ‘Woo.’ Perhaps it’s a hangryeol[1].”

Seeing as Chae Woo-Ra didn’t know about it, even though they might not be close relatives, they might be from the same clan. So even though they weren’t exactly blood-related, she might be fond of him because he felt like family.

“Hwang what? What’s that?”

“Go search it up. Do I have to teach you even that?” Chae Woo-Ra snorted in response to DYoung’s cold reply and ran a search on her phone. Shortly after, she cursed at DYoung. Her face was burning with rage.

“F*ck, you called me an infectious disease?”

“What did you search for this time around?” Perhaps, incidents like this happened often; DYoung sighed and walked towards Chae Woo-Ra, and took a look at the search results on her phone. Chae Woo-Ra showed her the search results for ‘yellow fever’ in a dignified manner.[2]