Chapter 81

As Kang Ho-Soo had guessed, it was very likely that the two people whom Woo-Jin talked about were the same person. Wish Baragi’s members proudly said that ‘Everyone has at least one alternate account online,’ and gave detailed explanations on how to manage one’s IP address when using an alternate account. As a bonus, they had also explained how to avoid and prove defamation.

However, it was a fact that actions of the Wish Baragi’s members had greatly aided Woo-Jin. The barags’ efforts had spun the negative posts about Chae Woo-Jin on the internet so that it seemed like the Blue Hole’s personal vendetta against him, and prevented these posts from spreading any further. If Woo-Jin had witnessed the entire process of how the barags rendered the infamous Blue Hole powerless and unable to fight back in real time, Woo-Jin never would have used the word ‘gentle’ to describe them.

In fact, Woo-Jin couldn’t get used to the profane language and ridicule that were used in the process, so he didn’t read the posts in detail. Furthermore, the barags had disguised themselves as Blue Fit’s anti-fans instead of Chae Woo-Jin’s fans when they were attacking Blue Hole, and acted like they were feeble victims. People who didn’t know the context easily misunderstood that it was a fight between Blue Hole and Blue Fit’s anti-fans.

“Honestly, apart from Blue Hole, nobody else has said anything bad about you – the majority of the public is rather fond of you. And as more and more evidence suggests that these keyboard warriors are members of Blue Hole, public sentiment towards them has also started declining. Since they have a bad track record, people have been thinking along the lines of, ‘They're doing it again?’.

Blue Hole’s members were only satisfied if Blue Fit shone brightly wherever they went. They couldn’t stand it when any of the Blue Fit members went on a variety show without having an important role; if a lot of their footage got edited out; and if other people received more attention than them.

When Lee Min-Soo first debuted in a drama, Blue Hole’s members had kicked up a huge fuss about how he had lesser parts than the male lead, and told him to build a connection with the female lead even though he wasn’t even the second lead. But when he got along with her, they were unhappy about it.

At that time, Blue Hole had stirred up trouble by targeting the actress who played the female lead in the drama; they left mean comments on her social media accounts, and made personal attacks on her. Back then, if Lee Min-Soo’s agency hadn’t stepped up to release a public statement stating that Lee Min-Soo had wanted to study acting from scratch, things would have remained the same. After that, the members seemed to be more restrained, but old habits die hard.

Lee Min-Soo had regarded City of Shadows to be the turning point in his acting career. He had met with Writer Yoo Soo-Min and Production Director Park Jong-Hyuk; putting the success or failure of the drama aside, he thought that they were certainly going to make a drama together, and blindly jumped at the opportunity.

However, the role that he got was not good enough for Blue Hole, and he was overshadowed by the main leads who were good at acting. One of the reasons why there was a growing hostility towards Chae Woo-Jin was because they found out that Lee Min-Soo wanted to play ‘Louie’.

“And the PD of The King of the Masked Singers had also contributed to this situation.”

“What has he got to do with it?” Woo-Jin was baffled by the sudden appearance of a new person. Kang Ho-Soo sighed.

“He’s been wanting to cast you in their program for a long time. However, CEO Jang had rejected him without any hesitation. Nonetheless, it doesn’t seem like the PD has given up on casting you yet. I think he’s the one providing the reporters with information about your connection with Blue Fit.” The production director of The King of the Masked Singers had published an article about Chae Woo-Jin’s connection to Blue Fit, and TM was trying to use it to tarnish Woo-Jin’s image.