Chapter 72

“No, this is a request from someone who wants to hurt your older brother.”

“Is this how they want to hurt my brother?”

Choi Kang expressed that he wanted to see his cold-blooded brother get hurt too. His thoughts did not match his current predicament. It was absurd to imagine something that could never happen.

“People naturally assume that everyone else is just like them. Those who are hurt and have lost their family want to seek revenge in the same way, just like now.” The man held the dagger firmly against Choi Kang’s neck as he sighed softly. It felt as though he knew that this was pointless. Even if he were to kill Choi Kang, it would never hurt Choi Joon.

Suddenly, Choi Kang seemed to have realized who the man was – the killer who had been appearing in the news these days, with wanted posters of him scattered all over the country.

“Louie Ahn?” The man smirked after hearing Choi Kang’s question. Choi Kang was able to have a good understanding of the situation after getting his silent affirmation.

“Who commissioned you to kill me? Is it because of my brother?”

“What’s the point of knowing the answer? You’re going to die anyway.”

Even after explaining everything to him, Louie Ahn was now firmly declaring Choi Kang's death sentence. The sight of the moonlight shining against his back, illuminating his figure, looked very beautiful. Louie talked about death so easily as if it was something meaningless.

“Please spare me! I’ve never done anything terrible and I’ve never had a grudge against anyone! It’s unfair for me to die because of my brother.” Choi Kang ignored the dagger that was pointing at his neck. He got off the bed and knelt down before grabbing Louie’s leg with both hands and begging him.

“That’s none of my business.” There was nothing more useless than complaining about injustice to a contract killer. Louie looked at Choi Kang with an indifferent look. It was as though he had been through similar situations several times before.

Choi Kang knew that there was no point in begging and tried his best to calm down but to no avail. He was scared and resentful, and he did not want to die this way. In retrospect, there were plenty of opportunities for Louie to kill him. Louie didn’t have to wake him up to talk about the situation.

“Why didn’t you…kill me?”

According to the news, Louie Ahn was a very vicious killer. When he was in America, he had been a contract killer that was affiliated with the mafia, and would kill anybody regardless of their status – be it politicians or businessmen. He would never do anything without a reason. There was hope for survival if he could find a breakthrough.

“If you want to kill me because of my brother, that means you have a grudge against him! Let me help you. I’ll do anything to help you take revenge on my brother so please spare me. I’m only 26 years old. There are so many things that I have and want to do, and there’s no reason for me to die because of that person!”

Choi Kang studied Louie Ahn’s face as he pleaded with him. Louie was firm; he stood in the shadows, unwavering. Even the warm moonlight pouring in through the open window shattered when it touched his body, creating a cold and gloomy shadow. Thus, Choi Kang felt even more scared. Louie Ahn was like a devil who visited him in a dream and turned it into a nightmare.

“You’re being too loud.”

It was a soundproof room, so nobody would be able to hear Choi Kang regardless of how much he cried out. However, it was night time and the windows were open. Choi Kang flinched and trembled when he heard the quiet remark. Strangely enough, Louie’s voice seemed to pierce his body like shards of ice, sending a chill down his spine.