Chapter 102

“Even though we have different majors, we got to know each other because we took the same classes. To be precise, she’s on more friendly terms with Hyun-Min, and just happened to take the exam today.” Woo-Jin replied.

“She’s a beauty.” At Kang Ho-Soo’s remark, Woo-Jin nodded thoughtlessly. As soon as he got into the car, he dried himself with a towel Kang Ho-Soo handed him.

“She’s beautiful and seems to be quite an honest person, so I think she’s alright, but….”

“But?”

“She seems to be a little gloomy.”

“Well, you do like people who are bright and cheerful.”

“Do I?”

“Have you taken a good look at the people around you?”

After thinking earnestly about what Kang Ho-Soo said, Woo-Jin couldn’t disagree, so he simply chuckled softly. His tastes and preferences were as unchanging as a pine tree,[1] so that was rather amusing to him as well.

“Even if no one’s watching, it’s good to be careful. If people start spreading rumors, that girl will have a harder time than you.”

Kang Ho-Soo had observed Woo-Jin the entire time, so he knew there hadn’t been any emotional exchange between both parties. Woo-Jin looked at the people he liked with a different kind of gaze, making it easy to identify his thoughts and feelings. However, since other people didn’t know Woo-Jin that well it could lead to a different opinion. If someone had taken a photo of a similar situation, then depending on how it was implied, it could easily lead to a scandal.

“Then it would indeed be troubling.”

Since they had different majors and classes, coupled with the fact that he no longer had to take any law classes, he wouldn’t have to see Kim Tae-Hwa much in the future. Still, Woo-Jin promised himself that he would be careful going forward. Earlier on, he had subconsciously approached her and sheltered her with an umbrella, but would never do something like that ever again.

“Did you do well on the exam?”

“I’ll only know when I get the score, but I think I should be able to pass the first exam without much difficulty.”

“How can you be that confident before they have graded the papers?”

“Most of the questions on the exam were ones that I knew how to answer.”

It might be different for open-ended questions, but it would be an issue if he couldn’t even tell with certainty how many questions he had gotten right in the multiple-choice section.

“What a show-off. In any case, I’m glad you took the exam today. They’ll be airing The King of the Masked Singers tomorrow, and your face will be revealed to the public, so you’ll be busy for quite some time. So prepare yourself to some extent.” Normally, Woo-Jin would be modest, but this was one of the rare moments where he nodded positively. Woo-Jin had put in a considerable effort for his performances in The King of the Masked Singers for the sake of personal glory, as well as giving Production Director Son the proverbial middle finger. As a result, he defeated the leading contenders by a huge margin and protected his title as The Masked King, causing him to feel proud of himself.

“I think I did a good job this time around.”

Upon seeing how Woo-Jin was brimming with confidence, Kang Ho-Soo could no longer hold himself back and laughed aloud.

“What are you doing here?” Cha Young-Joo asked as soon as she saw Director Yoon Seon looking for her. She had a sour look on her face. Even though they were close friends, she didn’t really want to greet him right now.