Chapter 10: Sulu

(just a quick little note, Sulu is not my character. She belongs to my friend DragonHybrids24! Look her up on Deviant Art!)

The house was incredible. That was the best way to put it. It had everything, and it was massive. Designed to be suitable for a giant seawing and a few other guests. He couldn't even believe it when he saw it. It was almost as grand as a palace. "Wow, one hell of a house you two got." He said as he turned to Lobster. The red seawing just chuckled and pat his shoulder.

"The three of us, you mean. I have a sister." Lobster paced over towards a sofa which was made of wood and cotton. "Have a seat. Want something to drink? Sulu we're home!" He called and walked into the kitchen. 

"A sister? Interestin." Nighthawk said with a light shrug while he sat back while he looked around. He wanted to get a better your, but he could see there was a grand kitchen, a total of three different bedrooms, a washroom and more. He wasn't sure what the washroom was for, since they could just do it in the ocean. He also noticed a few neatly constructed holes in the floor here and there that led to what looked like an underwater section. "Hm."

Soon, he saw a beautiful sapphire blue seawing emerge from one of the bedrooms. She was only four years younger than lobster by the looks of it. Her middle scales and gills had sparkles of white, blue and light blue dotted all the way down her body. Her underbelly was a lighter blue while her back was a darker shade of her sapphire scales. The eyes were what he found to be the most beautiful, that dark yet shiny navy color. "Woah. A Nightwing?" She said with a smooth, calming voice. She had a similar accent to her brother's.

"Ello there." Nighthawk sat up elegantly and looked down at her, he was taller than her and Lobster. "He didn't tell me he had a sister. Nice to meet you, I'm Nighthawk." He spoke in the smoothest voice he could manage. He saw Lobster step out from the other room.

"Claws off her please." Lobster said as he set a dagger on the table. "You and I are fine, but if you hurt her I'll make sure you're sleeping with the fishes. And if not me, then Tempest. You do not wanna piss her off." He huffed and let out a soft chuckle. "Understand?"

"Lobster I'm not a dragonet." Sulu replied with an eye roll. "Don't mind him, he just wants to protect me. It's.. a long story-"

"No worries lads. Not lookin' for love. Not after what the last one did.." Nighthawk let out a low sigh before he sat back on the couch. "Won't muck up your sister."

"Good, perfect. She can cook incredibly. You need to have one of her meals. You'll love it." Lobster smiled and walked over before patting his shoulder. "Cheer up bud, from here on out it's gonna be smooth sailin'!" It was a surprise to Nighthawk how optimistic he was, especially for a soldier in the middle of one of the bloodiest wars in history. He shook it off and sat back.

"Of course.." Nighthawk said with a small sigh. "She can cook? Been a long time since I had a hot meal.." he looked over at them with the slightest smile. "Hm.." he was feeling a little excited for that. "What can you cook?"

"Oh, almost anything really." Sulu smiled a bit. "I can make my octopus dish. I bet you'd love that." She smiled a bit before sitting with them, then she gasped. "Oh my gosh, Lobster what happened!?" She pointed to the stitches and gash on his belly and chest.

"A skywing tried to gut me but Nighthawk put me back together, surprisingly. I didn't know Nightwings were great with healing."

"I had training to deal with situations such as this." Nighthawk said with a small grin. "But yes, I saved his life and I offered to help them in exchange for being alive. So far it's worked."

"Yep. So we offered to let him stay with us in exchange for saving me." Lobster pat his shoulder again. "But I promise you that I'm okay. It's gonna hurt, but I'll be fine."

"Oh good.." Sulu got up and wrapped her wings around him in a hug. "I don't need to lose my brother too.." She sighed and looked over at Nighthawk. "And thank you too. I'm gonna begin dinner, be nice to Lobster." She said as she let go and picked up Nighthawk's talon. "Hm."

"What?" Nighthawk said sternly as his talon was picked up, slightly pulling it back. "Something wrong?" He was as confused as he was curious to what she was doing. Then he was surprised when she shook it. He stayed quiet and returned the gesture. "Hm."

"Nice meeting you. I'll start dinner." She smiled and pat his talon before walking into the kitchen. He liked this family already, because they were friendly. Not like others he met, but this gave him hope that more dragons were like this.

"She's nice." Nighthawk smiled softly and opened his cloak up, taking out a large cigar before lighting it with his fire. "Hhhm.." he huffed and took a few puffs from it. "That's better.."

"What is that?" Lobster asked with a head tilt. "It smells."

"Cigar. Relaxes the body. Want one?"

"Is it..good? I mean like will it do anything?"

"What do you mean?"

"Won't make me all crazy and stuff?"

"No. Absolutely not. It relaxes you, as I said. Try it." He handed it over and the seawing picked it up, inspecting it a little.

"Alright.." he said quielty, then he took a quick puff off it with a small snort. "Wow-" He began to cough for a few seconds. "What is- agh..wow- gross. No more."

"Hahaha, it's not that bad." Nighthawk let out a low chuckle before sitting back. 'I'm gonna like it here.'