Chapter 3: Red

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER THREE: RED

TIARA'S POV

I have never experienced something as frightening as this before. I doubt anything can surpass it, even if I live a hundred years. The feeling of falling, everything around me rattling and getting thrown around, and the deafening sound of shattering and collision when metal hits dirt. Things that I know will haunt me starting today.

I just knew it wasn't over. The plane is still in motion.

In films and in the news, plane crashes always result in wreckage. Rescuers would arrive at the scene and see it broken in half. The other half is always worse than the other, and more often than not, that part will rarely have survivors.

The thought made me afraid to look up. I was afraid to see the plane come apart. Afraid of the possibility that either I'm the one heading into a more dangerous situation or the person who saved me will be the one being led to imminent death.

I didn't move an inch. Not even when the plane finally stopped moving.

I closed my eyes tightly, and I hugged myself tighter. All I could hear was the rapid beating of my heart and my labored breathing. Everything else was silent.

All my life, I was used to being alone. But this time, I didn't want to. This time, I'm afraid of it.

Wetness prickled my eyes at the thought of my captor— no... my savior. He's dead, isn't he? He's dead because he saved me.

Before my tears fell down my cheeks, I felt a movement that made me look up against my earlier predicament. Namilog ang mga mata ko nang makita ko di kalayuan sa akin ang taong laman ng isip ko.

He was buttoning his suit's blazer that he took off hours ago as if he were about to go out on a dinner date instead of looking like a person who just survived a crash. Nang makita niyang nakatingin ako sa kaniya ay kinindatan niya ako dahilan para mapanganga ako.

I forced myself to look away from him so that I could scan my surroundings.

The plane didn't break into two, but each side got peeled, and I could see the outside from them. The wing on one side was also torn from the body. On the front right, the roof and its overhead compartment look like they collapsed downward.

Napatingin ulit ako sa kinaroroonan ng lalaki nang marinig ko ang pagkilos niya. He was taking out the contents of his bag and transferring them into a backpack. Lumapit siya sa akin at walang salita na inalis niya ang seatbelt ko.

"You're bleeding," I breathe out.

Blood is trickling from the side of his face. I reached for it, but he stopped my hand. His gaze ran all over my body as if he were checking for injuries.