Chapter 16: Sweet

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: SWEET

TIARA'S POV

"Anong mas gusto mo?"

Napapakamot sa ulo na tinignan ni Domino ang hawak ko na catalog para sa paint swatches. There is a mix of bewilderment and confusion in his eyes as his gaze goes back and forth from one color to another.

"So?" I prompted.

"Uhh... is there a difference?"

Magkasalubong ang kilay na pinakatitigan ko siya at sa kabila ng kalituhan ay napangisi siya. He looks like a teenage boy who has been chastised.

We're currently at Home Depot to buy more paint. The ones he has back at the castle are all shades of beige, from light to dark, gold, and some gray to black paint. But it's not like he can paint the whole house with just that. Mayroon siyang pinturang puti pero hindi iyon sapat para kulayan ang iba pang bahagi ng bahay niya. And it's too white.

He asked me if I wanted to go out, and I did. I've been holed up in his castle now for more than a week, which wasn't really a problem because I never find myself getting bored. But I wouldn't say no to the chance of being able to go out.

"Of course there's a difference. This one is ivory." Itinuro ko ang isa pa. "While this is alabaster."

Nilapit niya ng kaunti ang mukha niya sa hawak ko. "They're both white."

"No! They're—" I let out an exasperated breath. I recognized the twinkle in his eyes, and I know that my irritation is amusing him. "They're in the same family, but they are not white." I plastered a forced smile on my lips. The one that my babusya always gives my didus when he's trying her patience. I pointed to the first swatch of color. "Ito ang white."

"Now I'm looking at three kinds of white." Ibinaba ko ang hawak ko. I let my smile melt off, and I gave him a blank look. He coughed, trying to hide his laughter. "How about you choose for me?"

"Hindi pwedeng ako. It's your house."

He opened his mouth as if to say something, but he just pressed them together seconds later without saying anything.

Naiiling na inangat ko ang catalogue. "White is just white, ivory has a slight yellow to it, and alabaster has a beige undertone."

"What do you like best?"

"Dom—"

"I luck out with the bedrooms because I found a picture online, showed it to the manufacturer, and then I ordered them. With white, it's different. I wouldn't know there's different kinds if we didn't go here." He tapped the visor of the black ball cap I'm wearing. "So help me, please, Millie Mouse."