Chapter 30: Storm

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER THIRTY: STORM

TIARA'S POV

Nagpapasalamat na lang ako na mukhang walang tao nang makauwi ako. After the talk with Domino, I made the cowardly choice and hightailed my way back to the Radleys. I just sent a group message to the women who seem to understand what's happening even without me explaining it to them. Hindi na nga sila nagtanong kung anong nangyari at bigla akong nagpaalam na uuwi na.

Even Adrien didn't ask me anything when I called him. He just told me that he'd hang with the Dawsons for awhile to help in place of me. Saka inaya raw siya nila Trace mag-inuman mamaya.

Pabalabag na sinarado ko ang pintuan ng kuwarto ko at basta ko na lang itinapon kung saan ang bag ko. Mariing pinikit ko ang mga mata ko habang pilit na kinakalma ko ang paghinga ko.

"You've always been in here."

Everything is so messed up. This isn't what I wanted. I just wanted a little time with him. Something that isn't permanent. Iyong sa huli maghihiwalay kami na walang sama ng loob sa isa't isa. I just want to know what it feels like to be with someone like him. Someone as great as him. Kahit sandali lang okay na sa akin.

But I didn't want it for a long time. Kasi kapag iyon ang ginusto ko, kapag iyon ang pinili ko, mas masakit. Mas mahirap. If there's a deadline... it's easier. You separate as friends without needing to hurt. You can remember each other without the memories being bitter.

Alam ko naman na masasaktan pa rin ako kahit na anong piliin ko. But at least things will end because we agreed that they needed to. Not because we end up hating each other.

I've seen that happen, and I don't want it to happen to me. I can't. I can't have him looking at me with so much hatred and telling me that he doesn't want to see me again.

"Tiara?" I turned to look at the door, and I saw Emeric. His eyes flashed with worry, and in the next second he was next to me. "What happened?"

I tried to tell him that I'm okay, but that's when I realized that I couldn't. My chest is moving up and down quicker than normal, and it feels like there's a vice wrapped around my neck, squeezing me tighter every second.

Inabot ni Emeric ang kamay ko habang ang isa ay pinanghawak niya sa balikat ko. He pushed me a little so that I could lower myself on the bed. Nang makaupo ako ay naramdaman kong marahang tinapik niya ang likod ko.

"You're okay, Tiara. You're safe here."

That's the thing. I never felt safe here. I never felt safe with anyone except for the man that I couldn't be with. That I can't allow myself to be with, even though I want to.

Maintaining eye contact, Emeric leaned down so we were on eye level. His gaze was firm but gentle. "I need you to breathe with me."

I tried my best to do as he asked. It took us a couple of times before my breathing started to slow down a little.