Chapter 39: See You

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: SEE YOU

TIARA'S POV

Kung hindi pa ako hinila ni Adrien pababa ng stage ay baka hindi na ako nakaalis sa kinaroroonan ko. Pakiramdam ko kasi ay napako na ako roon dahil sa pagkagulat. It wasn't just me who was surprised; the entire audience fell silent, gazing at the stage in evident bewilderment.

Nakangiting pinisil ni Adrien ang balikat ko bago siya lumayo. I felt hands on each of my shoulders, and when I looked up, I was greeted by Damian and Emeric's gentle eyes. Nakakaunawang iginaya nila ako para makaupo sa ngayon ay bakante ng front row seats maliban sa isa na ngayon ay inookupa na ng ina ko. My brothers guided me to sit beside her before they took their own seats, Damian on my side and Emeric on my mother's.

A warmth softened my mother's sharp eyes, and she offered comfort by tapping my hand gently. "Don't be surprised too much. That fool is well... a fool for you."

"You knew?" I asked in a whisper.

Umangat ang sulok ng mga labi niya pero hindi siya sumagot. She looked at the stage pointedly, and when I glanced in its direction, I saw that Domino was being handed a microphone. He's wearing a plain white jacket, while the others are wearing black.

"I know everyone's confused at this moment, and you all certainly didn't come here tonight to witness a group of people stumbling around the stage who clearly don't belong here."

A chuckle could be heard in the audience when Lucienne and Trace turned their thumbs down in disagreement. Nilingon sila ni Domino na napailing na lang bago nagpatuloy. "What you all aren't aware of is that I recently proposed to this lovely woman," he said, pointing a hand towards me.

An "aww" rippled through the spectators.

"But she didn't say yes."

This time, the sound in the audience was replaced by gasping. I could feel their heavy stares at me, and I let out a sigh before rolling my eyes.

"Mainly because I didn't ask her so that she could give me a yes. I just slipped a ring on her finger one morning, and I declared that we were engaged."

The gasping was different this time. It was more out of surprise and disbelief than out of empathy for the "supposed" rejection. There were also surprise laughters for Domino's unconventional way of proposing.

"Then Miss Silvano kindly emphasized the significance of a marriage proposal to a woman, making her point clear by telling me that there would be consequences if I failed to create a memorable moment for her daughter."

My mother scoffed beside me. "Kindly is not the word that I will use." Nakangising nilingon niya ako. "I threatened to castrate him."

"Mother!" I exclaimed in surprise.