Chapter 11: Free

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER ELEVEN: FREE

TIARA'S POV

I feel embarrassed. First, it's because it felt like since I've been in Domino's care, I just keep on giving him grief over food. Parang wala atang araw na lumipas na hindi kami nagpipilitan sa pagkain. And just a few moments ago, I had a meltdown over it.

I shouldn't have quit therapy.

I've only been into one a few years ago when I had an accident during rehearsal, and the doctor advised that I take a break for a couple of weeks. The director of the ballet company in Ukraine that I was in at the time forced me into therapy. For a person who lived for ballet at such a young age, working non-stop for grueling hours and being locked in one place where I couldn't dance and basically do anything is like torture. And at that time, I lived with my mother.

I stopped going when my injury healed, despite my therapist's wishes to continue. It wasn't because I didn't want to or didn't think she was helping me. It's more because my mother wanted me to stop since she said I wouldn't need it anymore.

"Here."

I looked up, and I was greeted by Lia's gentle eyes. She handed me a plate with small portions of food, but more than what I usually eat. Even a rat eats more than me. My eyes grew misty when I saw a tiny rectangular piece that had been cut out of a pizza.

"Thank you," I whispered. "You didn't have to."

She just smiled before taking a seat in the space Lucienne vacated. Kasalukuyan kasing nasa kabilang bahagi ng kinaroroonan namin ang babae at kausap si Domino.

I noticed that the other women were no longer sitting on the floor. Mukhang hinanapan sila ng upuan ng mga asawa nila.

"It's our fault for not thinking well enough about what to bring. You're probably on a strict diet—"

Sunod-sunod na umiling ako at pinutol ko ang sasabihin ni Lia. "This is not anyone's fault. I'm just... not normal. I'm weird. Especially with food."

"You're not weird," Ember said, entering the conversation. "In today's age, normal is not a thing anymore. We all have different issues, different upbringings, and different views, and that doesn't make us weird."

"That's why we're going to discover what you like." Lia's eyes became light with excitement. "I'm going to do research on Ukrainian foods. Oh! And Italian. Circe said your grandfather was Italian."

"You really didn't have to."

Belaya, who was busy sipping on her drinks, just waved her hand. "Hindi mo mapipigilan ang isang 'yan. She likes a challenge." Tinuro niya ang direksyon nina Ember at Circe. "Those two are athletes, and Lia loves experimenting for them. You're one too, so you're probably her next project."