Chapter 41: Last

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: LAST

TIARA'S POV

"Aren't we too early?"

I can feel the cool air touching my face. Mabuti na lang na sa kabila ng antok at kahit nakapikit pa ako ng ginising niya ako ay nagawa ko pang maisip na kumuha ng hoodie. I also traded my nightgown for thick sweatpants.

"You have a long day ahead of you, so we need to tick this off your very long list."

Nagsalubong ang kilay ko. "I just need hair and make-up. I don't think that will take all day."

A couple of hours, yes. I'm used to wearing one when I perform. How heavy it is depends on the variation I'm playing, but I never take all day just to prepare. Kung pag-practice pa pwede.

"You let those women handle your wedding. Most importantly, Mireia's taking the lead. You'll be pampered more than any member of the royal family would be."

"I don't know if I should be scared or excited."

"Definitely excited." Humugot siya ng malalim na hininga at nakangiting humarap siya sa akin. "We're here!"

I surveyed the serene surroundings, noticing a faint glimmer on the horizon indicating that dawn was approaching. The dim glow from nearby lights illuminates the large tree in front of us and the two gravestones under it.

Liana Irene Dawson

Nikolas Clarence Dawson

Luna took the folded blanket she put on top of the huge picnic basket she was carrying. Iniladlad niya iyon at kumilos ako para tulungan siya. Fortunately, the gust of wind was gentle, and it didn't bother the thin blanket that much. Ipinatong ni Luna sa gitna ang basket bago siya sumalampak ng upo.

She taps the space beside her. "Come sit with me."

I did as she asked, and I lowered myself to the ground. She swiped away dried leaves from the tombs before she took a few flameless candles from the basket. Pagkatapos niyon ay mga pagkain at inumin naman ang kinuha niya mula roon. There's even an insulated tumbler that, at first, I thought had coffee, but she poured it into two bowls, and I realized that it was soup.

I eyed the contents of the basket that is now displayed in front of me. There's so much of it that I don't even know where to start.

As if sensing my hesitation, Luna pointed at the food. "Toasts with tomatoes and avocado. We also have bacon and egg cups, because my morning wouldn't be complete without bacon and eggs. Then we have pumpkin soup, a bowl of slices of fruit, and whole-wheat apple pancakes."

"You... cooked all these, then you woke up early to drive to the castle?"

The women stayed the night yesterday. Magkakasama kasi ang mga lalaki sa farmhouse nina Ember at Trace. Si Luna lang ang kinailangan umuwi dahil may meeting pa raw siya. She promised that she'd come back the following day, but I didn't expect that she would come early in the morning.