Chapter 36: Idalion

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: IDALION

TIARA'S POV

"This is not right. We need to go back."

My gaze dropped to Damian's hands. They were clutching the steering wheel hard. Despite what he said, I know how difficult it was for him. I'm just the sister he recently discovered. We're talking about his wife here. One that he fell in love with and married.

"It's not just your decision." I gave him a small smile, even if it was the last thing I wanted to do. "Don't think about anything else."

"Tiara—"

"My mother is with them. My assistant, who's not supposed to be involved with this, is with them. I can't just let them get hurt."

I know this is probably one of the stupidest decisions I have ever made. We left Jace, who was the only one who actually knew how to use a gun. And the reason why he's the first one who's going to die is because he's the first that they will want to get rid of.

This is stupid. I know that. Damian and I know that. But if I sit around and don't do anything while I know they're suffering, I will regret it more than anything else.

"Hindi tayo nakakasiguro kung makakasunod agad sila Domino." I could still see the pain that glazed over his eyes after he took the call. And fear. Fear that I feel as well. "Members of Obsidian will go down today, and they're going to pour all their focus on that—"

"They will come. Even if it isn't him, someone will come."

It was then his phone that was connected to the Bluetooth system of his car ring. Damian's bodyguard's name appeared on the screen.

Jace didn't beat around the bush. "I coordinated with Dagger. You're about to face the international Obsidian Legion, Damian. Turn the car around."

The white on Damian's knuckles could be seen because of how tight he's holding the wheel. "I know I should." He let out a strangled breath. "They have her, Jace."

The other end of the line became quiet. I looked out the window of the car. Everything is a blur from how fast we were going.

International Obsidian Legion. Are they here because they want to protect those behind this country's legion? Or there's another reason why they're here?

"I'll drop Tiara somewhere safe. You can get her, and I'll—"

"No," I said, cutting off Damian. "I'm coming with you."

"Please, Tiara. I need you to not fight me with this."

"And I need you to keep driving. My mother's with them!" Kinuyom ko ang nanginginig ko na mga kamay. "I know she's not the greatest mother. I know she's manipulative and scheming, and she could be a lot more than hurtful. If it makes me a fool to still care, then maybe I really am one, but she's my mother." I felt a lone tear glide down my cheek. "I already lost my grandparents, and they meant the world to me. I'm not going to lose her too."