Chapter 38: Performance

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: PERFORMANCE

TIARA'S POV

Nahugot ang atensyon ko mula sa loob ng conference room ng Dagger. Nagbaba ako ng ng mga mata sa plato ng pagkain na nasa harapan ko na ibinaba ni Lia. Umupo siya sa tabi ko at tinapunan niya ng tingin ang magkakapatid na Dawson sandali bago siya bumaling sa akin. "Avocado and grilled corn salad," she said, handing me a spoon. "You need to eat. You haven't had lunch."

Hindi na ako nagtangkang tumanggi. Kung noon ay si Domino lang ang nag-aalala sa pagkain ko ay ngayon ay pati na ang iba pang miyembro ng pamilya nila. They will often send me food, even if I'm staying in Manila.

Magdadalawang lingo na kasi na salitan akong tumutuloy sa condo ko sa Manila at sa bahay ni Domino. I wanted to make sure my mother was okay after everything. Ayoko naman na basta na lang siyang iwanan kahit pa sabihin na nasa bilangguan na ang mga kasangkot sa nangyari. Even Naomi's in prison, probably regretting that her greed got the better of her humanity.

I started eating, but my attention kept going back to the conference room. Pagkatapos kasi ng nangyari sa grocery store ay sumama na ako kay Warrick pabalik ng Dagger. I just took a taxi when I went to the grocery store anyway. For the obvious reason that I don't know how to drive.

"I can't believe this is happening," sabi ni Mireia na kanina pa nagpapabalik-balik ng lakad. "Are they sure? Baka prank lang 'to."

Belaya shook her head. "I called my Tita Eris. She knew Allessio's father, and she reached out to him to confirm what's happening. According to him, his son wouldn't give it to Dagger if he didn't think that it would be something they'd want to know."

"If this is true... does it mean he intentionally hid from his children for years?" Ember asked as she looked worriedly at the men. "That's..."

"That's fucked up," Circe continued, saying what she couldn't say. "Unless there's a good reason."

"It better be good." Lucienne said, her usually bright and cheery disposition replaced by a serious demeanor. "Those siblings went through so much not having both their parents with them. Their mother died, they needed to accept that their father was dead even though they couldn't bury a body, the older Dawsons needed to be the parents while the younger ones needed to grow up quickly, and they almost even lost the company."

Domino told me about his parents before as a passing topic. He said that their mother got sick, and not long after, they needed to declare his father dead. He was investigating a case, and he just disappeared. The Dawsons didn't give up searching, and they waited for years, but knowing the Obsidian Legion now and what they can do, I don't blame the siblings when they decided that they wouldn't ever get to see him.

He said that most of the legion's victims just disappeared into thin air without giving the family a chance to have a body to bury and grieve for.

All our attention went to the elevator when we heard it open. My heart clenched in response when I saw Luna and her husband step out of it. Kunot na kunot ang noo ng babae lalo na nang mapatingin sa kinaroroonan ng mga kapatid niya.