Chapter 13: Terms

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: TERMS

TIARA'S POV

"Arms up."

I tried not to smile, and I did what Domino said. Naramdaman kong tumayo siya sa likod ko at itinali ang ribbon ng suot ko na apron. When he was done, he circled back to my front, and I couldn't stop giggling anymore.

I'm wearing a pink apron with lace ruffles. It looks like it came straight from the 50s. But it's not the reason why I can't keep a straight face. It was because of the similar apron that Domino is wearing. Except his was blue.

"Is this really necessary?" I asked.

"You don't like it? It looks beautiful on you."

I bit the inside of my cheek, but there was really no way to keep my amusement locked inside me. "You look beautiful too."

He turned from side to side while holding the skirt of his apron. He batted his eyelashes at me demurely, which is in contrast to his words. "I know, right?"

I snickered in response, which made him grin. Domino always seems to have an unlimited pool of confidence. And it's not just him. Napansin ko na rin iyon sa mga kapatid niya. Though, unlike some people, their confidence doesn't come with arrogance. With them, it feels natural and, at times, funny.

I eyed the food on the center island. "So... what are we going to do first?"

"We're going to wash the vegetables."

Sinimulan niyang alisin ang mga gulay sa mga lalagyanan no'n at lumapit ako sa kaniya para tulungan siya. The corner of his lips tipped up, but he didn't say anything. When we were done, he started inspecting the greens, and he plucked some that appeared to be withered.

Nag-angat siya ng tingin sa akin. "Can you get the colander under the sink for me?" When I just stood there looking at him blankly, his eyes flickered with amusement. "A strainer of some kind."

Oh. "Coming right up, Sir—" I stopped when I suddenly remembered the conversation we had when we first met. With the way he's staring at me, it looks like he's remembering the same thing. "Chef."

"Hmm."

I quickly turned my back on him so I could hide my face from him. Not just because I feel embarrassed by the memory, but also because I don't want him to notice how his simple "hmm" affects me.

I opened the sink base cabinet, and I pulled out the first thing that I saw.

"That's a sieve," Domino said. Binalik ko ang hawak ko at kumuha ako ng isa pa. "That's a chinois strainer." I let out a sigh, and I pulled out another one. "That's a spider—"

Magkasalubong ang mga kilay na dumiretso ako ng tayo at nilingon ko siya. "Please just describe it to me because if you don't, I'll be here all day and I won't find what you're looking for."