Chapter 12: Worship

#DS7Unbalanced #InoCent #SMCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER TWELVE: WORSHIP

TIARA'S POV

Nag-angat ako mula sa binabasa ko na libro at napatingin ako sa kinaroroonan ni Domino. I found myself struggling to go back to reading when I saw how his white shirt was now clinging to his skin, which was drenched with sweat.

He's been pulling off planks of hardwood flooring that need replacing in the dining room since awhile ago. His muscles are straining as he continues to use on the hardwood floors the pitchfork-like tool that he told me when I asked was a demolition bar.

I felt my face heat when he pulled the ends of his shirt to wipe his face, giving me a glimpse of his well-sculpted abdomen. My gaze followed the V-shaped pathway downward, and I unconsciously bit my lower lip when I realized where it headed, even if it was concealed by his faded jeans.

Itinakip ko sa mukha ko ang unang libro ni Lucienne na kanina ay binabasa ko bago pa makita ni Domino na nakatulala ako sa kaniya.

"Ty bozhevillyny," I mumbled to myself. Crazy. That's the right word for me since I'm slowly losing my mind when I'm around Domino.

Pilit na ibinalik ko sa binabasa ko ang atensyon ko. I've been reading Lucienne's book since breakfast. I was planning to go back to the glass house to continue what I was doing when Domino requested that I stay with him while he worked on the dining area.

I didn't mind. I know this is him doing his job. Most people in a similar situation to mine probably find this kind of thing suffocating. No one likes to be babysat 24/7. But living in this castle-like place, for some reason, makes me feel at ease. Which, again, would feel like prison for some. But come on? What kind of prison looks this beautiful?

Normally, he wouldn't mind that I stay in the glass house while he's in the kitchen or the living room. Kapag tapos na siya sa ginagawa niya ay pinupuntahan niya ako sa glass house. He's the control freak who receives notification whenever anything around this place moves anyway, so I'm not surprised that I have more freedom. But since he's going to work in the dining area and it might get noisy, he wants me to be somewhere he can see me.

Dahan-dahan kong binaba ang libro na hawak ko. My breath caught in my throat when I saw that Domino was no longer wearing his shirt, revealing his well-defined chest that was bathed in glistening sweat.

I raise the book again to hide my face, but I keep lowering it down to look at the man, who is oblivious to how much I'm ogling him.

"I'm blaming Lucienne for this. This is just me absorbing her spirit." I've gone from smiling to laughing to nearly crying myself with laughter as I read her book, Unwritten. I've also read a lot of parts where she was describing Thorn in details and her... let's just say, active imagination when it comes to his physique. "Zakhisty mene vid spokusi."