11: Love Talk

The long day finally ended. In addition to their land resources and employment violations, the degree of contamination was high enough to warrant another sanction. On a positive note though, the level of contamination will not cause any serious long-term damage to the immediate area.

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Irene returned to their hotel completely drained of energy. For those of you who are worried about Chanyeol and Baekhyun who got soaked in the stream due to the slipping incident, Chanyeol utilized his power to start a fire and dry them off while Irene and the rest of the workers were still hard at work. Did I forget to mention that the legends have powers? Sorry about that but, at least, now you know.

As they reached their designated floor, Irene was the first to reach her room.

"In case you forgot, our return trip will be tomorrow in the afternoon. Have a wonderful night, Your Excellence, Baekhyun-ssi," Irene bowed before entering her room.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked a couple more steps to reach their rooms further into the hallway.

"Good night, Your Excellence," Baekhyun bowed as well before opening the door to his room.

Before Baekhyun could enter, Chanyeol called out, "Uhm, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun turned around and saw Chanyeol looking at him with fondness in his eyes, "Yes, Your Excellence?"

"I know you are tired so I won't bother you tonight," it was the first time Baekhyun saw Chanyeol lacking confidence. "But can we talk in my room tomorrow morning about everything— the kiss and the memories?"

Baekhyun was hesitant but agreed to it anyway, "Of course, Your Excellence."

"Good night, Baekhyun. I'll be waiting for you," Chanyeol gently said while Baekhyun retreated to his room.

⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞

The night was slow for Baekhyun. His mind was still processing the flood of memories that suddenly rushed into his head. He couldn't believe it was true until he found one specific memory.

"Why? Why do you have to do this?" Chanyeol mumbled in tears.

The Baekhyun in the memory replied, "It's for the greater good."

Baekhyun gasped, "That dream... It was His Excellence all along?"

Simply put, Baekhyun was barely able to sleep. He blamed the newly rediscovered memories for his insomnia. After the agonizingly slow hours, the sun was finally up, much to Baekhyun's dismay.

"Uggghhhhhh..." Baekhyun buried himself under the blankets when sunlight started glaring into his eyes. "Why did I agree to talk to him last night?"

Begrudgingly, Baekhyun left the bed and headed straight to the bathroom. After finishing all the necessary hygiene practices, Baekhyun called for room service. For breakfast, he opted for strawberry pancakes and orange juice. Despite having doubts about the meeting, Baekhyun still made an effort to dress presentably.

⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞

On the other side of things, Chanyeol was extremely happy. He cannot believe he already found his legend of light. Also, it might have been unintentional, but it was their first kiss.

"Ahhh... I can't believe it's you, Baekhyun," Chanyeol was acting like a lovesick man alone in his room.

"His eyes, his cute button nose, his skin... He's so beautiful," Chanyeol dramatically fell on his bed. "My legend of light is perfect."