56: Say Yes: Part 1

Suho and Lay exited the office together. They were the last people left in Eri Central Building as Lay had something planned; he was proposing today. However, despite planning it perfectly inside his head, he was extremely nervous right now and it showed.

When they were riding the elevator, Lay, ever the gentleman, volunteered to press the button. However, as he reached for the said buttons, his hands were clearly shaking slightly. Suho did not miss the anomaly.

"Why is your hand shaking? Is something wrong?" Suho placed a hand on Lay's shoulder.

"No, it's fine. I just recently finished signing a pile of documents so my hands must be over fatigued," Lay was able to smoothly lie.

When they reached and settled in Lay's Rolls Royce Wraith, Suho couldn't even ignore how Lay let out three consecutive deep sighs as they were pulling out of the building's parking lot.

"Okay, spill. What wrong? You've already sighed three times in the last two minutes," Suho was worried about Lay's behavior.

Sighing once more, Lay replied, "I'll tell you during dinner."

"All right then. I will be waiting for your explanation," Suho learned to be patient. He knew Lay would not withhold anything from him on purpose without a valid reason.

They were traveling peacefully when Suho noticed Lay took an unusual turn. The direction of Mount Mongmyeok should be in the opposite direction.

"Lay, what's going on?" Suho's worries escalated at this point.

"I'm taking you to a fancy dinner," Lay mentioned as they reached one of the fancier restaurants in the area, XOXO.

Lay let the valet park his car while an attendant led them to the private room he reserved for tonight. It didn't take long for the four-course meal Lay requested to start.

For appetizers, they were served with sweet shrimp on crispy cornbread with black-eyed pea purée. The first main dish was seasoned country fried chicken. The second main dish was crispy salmon with homemade slaw and sweet potato fries. Accompanying the dishes was a Chateau Margaux red wine upon recommendation of the in-house sommelier. It was only when the white chocolate bread pudding dessert was served that Suho remembered the concern at hand.

"Xing, what's wrong? You promised me an explanation," Suho reopened the topic when the servers were out of earshot.

"Okay, I didn't want it to happen like this but it's now or never," Lay rubbed his hands on his pants before reaching over to hold Suho's hands. "When I met you and discovered that you have been my lover ever since our past lives, it felt like I was on a magical mystery ride. When our memories came back, I was so dizzy and didn't know what hit me. You're my downfall, you're my muse; my worst distraction, my rhythm and blues. Myeon, I just want to say that all of me loves all of you. I love all your perfect imperfections that even when you're crying, you're beautiful too. Every time I look at you, it feels like my head's under water but I'm breathing fine still. At this point, I am not afraid to say I will give you all of me."

"Yixing, what's going on?" Suho's face softened with heartfelt emotions.

Yixing suddenly rose from his seat, kneeled on one knee at Suho's side holding with a ring on a velvet box, "Myeon, will you give me all of you?"

By this point, tears were falling down Suho's cheeks, "Yes, Yixing. I will give my everything to you."

With Suho's acceptance, Lay inserted the dumortierite quartz ring on Suho's right ring finger. After Lay placed the pink sapphire ring on himself on the same finger, the two shared a few kisses before settling for a hug.