61: Hello Future

It had been half a year since the Hymeneal. The relationship of each of the guardian legend pairs had just become deeper and sweeter as the days went by. Aside from their personal lives, their work as the overseers of the planet was going smoothly as well. In fact, most exologists agreed that the planet was in its golden age.

On this particular day, the twelve were having a picnic and enjoying the gentle spring breeze under the shade of the trees in front of the Tree of Life on top of Mount Dobong.

"I don't know if anyone was curious, but do enlighten me on how did our credentials end up in the hands of the EHRO?" Baekhyun wondered.

"Wasn't it you guys?" Chanyeol, the direct supervisor of the EHRO, was confused.

"None of us submitted our credentials to the Central Office," Lay replied. "Even our companies told us it was not them as well."

"Really? Curious. Really curious," Suho was deep in thought.

"What a coincidence if I say so myself," Kris remarked.

"There are no coincidences in this world, there is only inevitability," Sehun took Luhan's words out of his mouth.

"Who cares? As long as we were led back to each other, that's all that matters," Chen offered his opinion while pulling Xiumin closer to him

"I couldn't agree more," Kyungsoo cuddled nearer to Kai.

"Can you even imagine how, in a span of just a year, we went from being ordinary citizens to discovering our past memories to becoming actual guardian legends of Exoplanet?" Luhan told his friends.

"I cannot believe as well; I still get the chills," Xiumin giggled.

"Never in a thousand years would I have thought that an ordinary architect like me would become the chief executive of the Department of Infrastructure," Tao was looking at the clear sky.

"The last months felt like a roller coaster ride," Kai commented.

A roller coaster indeed. After the Hymeneal, everyone celebrated the union of the guardian legends. Festivals were all over the planet. Even the Eri Central Office employees were treated by the guardian legends to a company getaway for a week. New bureaus were being planned to be created as well to cater to the changes happening in Exoplanet. Even a choreography for the kingdom's anthem was in working progress due to Kai's suggestion.

However, there were down moments as well. First was the sudden retirement of all eleven members of the Excelsis Court and Ex'Act Congress. According to the assistant chief, Yoon Jisung, it was just meant to be. As a result, twelve women were brought in to replace them. However, they were not able to handle the responsibility of making Ex'Acts, settling important cases, and taking care of Arcanus Alliance matters all at once. To compensate, the twelve women were designated as the Excelsis Court led by assistant chief Kwon Eunbi. A group of eleven men was hired to become the Ex'Act Congress led by assistant chief Han Seungwoo. As for the Arcanus Alliance, Shotaro and Sungchan were capable of managing the bureau as co-assistant chiefs.

Second was Kwon Boah's retirement. She retired on the exact same day as the eleven members of the Department of Legislation and Judicature. If there was any consolation, she already trained her two replacements, Lee Seunggi and Lee Dongwook, so they were already capable of taking over her duties.

Third was Jay's resignation. Eleven days after Kwon Boah's retirement, the second-floor receptionist also submitted his resignation letter to Lee Seunggi and Lee Dongwook. Before he left for good, though, he recommended Cheon Febie to fill in the void. Febie was accepted immediately due to Jay's recommendations and urgency.