46: From This Moment On

The second floor of the Eri Central Office was busy. Hired florists were decorating with floral arrangements that used buttercups, white primroses, and fir tree strobili. It was the day of the press conference. And just like the press conferences before, the venue was the waiting area adjacent to the offices of the Executive Secretary and Executive Human Resource Officer.

By noon, the florists were done with their responsibilities. Just right on time, the members of the media who would broadcast the announcement began to arrive. Thus, Jay, as the floor receptionist, was busy welcoming and ushering the invited to the venue. This made Jay the only person not sitting on that all-familiar table in one specific corner of the cafeteria.

"I wonder what's the announcement going to be today?" Sheryl was curious.

"Isn't this going to be about the six interns who brought chaos to the Central Office?" Jasmin speculated.

"It could be. After all, the last press conference about those crazy interns was from the first stabbing incident involving His Excellences Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin," Belle backed up.

"Or perhaps this is another press conference to announce another legend," Ruth offered her idea.

"Maybe Ruth has a point. They have been calling press conferences lately to announce His Excellences Kim Jongin, Byun Baekhyun, and Lu Han," Clouie sided with Ruth's idea.

"I can see Hana smiling. I think she knows the answer to our curiosities," Lucy noticed Hana's failing attempt to act oblivious.

"Ok, fine. I think it's a public announcement for another legend," Hana said. "Remember what I told you last Tuesday when Tamyok pushed Minseok-nim down the stairs? His Excellence Kim Jongdae revealed right then and there out of anger that Minseok-nim is the legend of frost. However, since he was hospitalized due to his injuries and was just discharged yesterday afternoon, I think they decided to schedule the announcement this afternoon."

"And what took you this long to share this information with us?" Ada, the queen of gossip in the Central Office, glared at Hana.

"In Hana's defense, we were distracted these days from the different releases from the maknae line of the Bulletproof Scouts. Solo albums and promotions, variety shows, magazine covers, and livestreams in the middle of the night... we are both in fangirl mode right now," Aiben came to defend Hana from Ada.

⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞

Inside the L Conference Room, which was adjacent, to the press conference venue, were Yoo Jaeseok, the Executive Secretary; Kwon Boah, the Executive Human Resource Officer; the twelve guardian legends, and two males they did not recognize.

"Good afternoon, Your Excellences. Before we proceed to the briefing for this afternoon's press conference, I would to announce something important," Boah gestured for the two males to stand up. "Years ago, back when Jang Keunsuk was still the Executive Human Resource Officer, I was deeply honored to have been chosen as his understudy. It was intended to prepare me to take over once he retires. Now, allow me to introduce Lee Seunggi-ssi and Lee Dongwook-ssi. From this moment on, they will be my understudies."

"Good day, Your Excellences. I am Lee Seunggi, Assistant EHRO. Nice to meet everyone."

"A pleasant morning, Your Excellences. I am Lee Dongwook, Assistant EHRO. Please take care of me."

"Wait, if you are having your own understudies, that means..." Suho caught on.

Boah nodded somberly, "Yes, Your Excellences. I will be retiring soon."