Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Grace

I heard the door slam open and I went rigid. I was worried something had happened.

"No Jaxon, your Uncle is alright. Nothing has happened." I heard Aunty Kim reassure him.

He was here. I felt relief flood my chest, I would be able to say goodbye to him.

"Who is this?" I heard him ask.

Was he talking about me? Surely I didn't look that bad before that he couldn't even recognize me after a simple shower. I didn't even have makeup on!

An amused smile slid onto my face as I realized that he really didn't recognize me.

"Hello, Jaxon." I said with a laugh.

"Hi Grace," He said quietly. He almost sounded shy.

"Where were you guys travelling this time?" I asked him curiously.

He paused before answering. "We were in Germany."

I frowned. Why were the places he visited so random and out of the way? Surely he must have some sort of pattern or he and his friends would be wasting their money on airplane tickets.

"Weren't you guys just in New York?" I asked him confusedly.

He seemed to stumble with his words. "Well, my friends really like travelling."

I nodded, still unconvinced. I felt like there was something he wasn't telling me. Although, if he didn't want to tell me, it wasn't any of my business.

I reached out to place my hand on Pete's once more before I returned to my half of the room. Aunt Kim helped me as she did last time and placed my hand on his.

I felt him move. I froze.

"Aunt Kim! Pete just moved!" I said excitedly.

Kim was silent. "I didn't see anything," She said sadly.

I grabbed for her hand, "Aunt Kim! Feel!"

I put her hand over his and placed mine on top. I heard her gasp.

"Jaxon, call the nurse! He's moving his fingers!"

I heard Jaxon knock over his chair as he threw open the door and ran down the hallway.

I could hear him yelling from here. I felt tears escape my eyes. For once, they were because I was extremely happy.

"Thank you Grace, thank you so much. I don't know how you did it, but you got through to him. I owe you my life, thank you." Aunt Kim was sobbing. I heard a groan come from who I assumed was Pete.

Kim gasped; her sobbing growing louder.

"Pete! Oh, my Pete!" She bawled, "Thank god. It's a miracle."

"Kimmy?" I heard a very weak voice say.

The tears were rolling off my face endlessly now. A nurse came up beside me I asked her to help me back to my bed. It was their time as a family now, I was so happy they got their miracle.