Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six
Grace

     I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I shot up in confusion and looked around, trying not to panic.

I sagged with relief when I remembered that I was safe in the hotel room with Jaxon.

I smiled to myself as I heard his soft snores beside me, turning over onto my side and ran my hand through his soft hair. I sat up and stretched, checking the time.

I laid back down slowly, wondering where all this craziness would lead.

Would it lead to heartbreak? I wondered to myself. Obviously there was always a chance that things wouldn't work out, but I was prepared to try for him, right?

But what if things ended so badly that we couldn't even talk to each other afterwards? That was my biggest fear. I got out of bed slowly and stretched my arms. I yawned quietly, trying not to wake the beast from his slumber.

I smiled at my lame joke in amusement as I trudged across the room to the small kitchen. I had spotted a coffee machine last night when we ate our late dinner and he asked me to be his girlfriend.

I was Jaxon's girlfriend now. A warm feeling spread through my body and I couldn't stop the ear to ear grin that spread slowly across my face.

I sighed as I fiddled with the machine, trying to make it work. I was craving a coffee this morning.

I smacked it once, trying once again to make the damn thing turn on. I sighed loudly, frustrated at my lack of technical knowledge.

"Breakfast in bed it is," I sighed, walking over to the phone on the night stand.

I glanced at the bundle of blankets on our bed. He had basically cocooned himself inside so that nothing could reach him.

I decided to order him some pancakes and bacon, and ordered myself a Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream.

I dialled the front desk and they connected me to the restaurant connected to the hotel.

"Hello, I'd like to order some pancakes with bacon and eggs, and a Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream please," I recited to the man on the other end.

"Alright, and for which room?" He asked, seeming impatient.

I quickly checked the key card I held in my hands before answering, "Room 365."

"Okay. And will you be paying with cash or debit?"

I opened my wallet to double check I had everything before responding.

"Cash please,"

I hung up the phone to the promise of our food being delivered in about half an hour. I was bored so I decided to wander back to bed until they knocked on the door.

I debated waking him up but thought that after the paparazzi mess last night he would appreciate some sleep.

I must have fallen asleep because I woke to loud knocking on the hotel door.

I jumped out of bed, grabbing my wallet and ran for the door. "Coming!" I called.

I flung open the door to be greeted with the fresh smell of breakfast- and blinded by the flashing of cameras. Out of impulse I screamed loudly, clutching at my heart.

In moments, Jax was at my side. He tried to shield me from the photographers but it was no use. I grabbed the man who was delivering our food by the hand and dragged him inside the hotel room.

"What's going on?" Jaxon asked the man, trying not to be angry.

"I'm sorry sir- we didn't know you were staying here, if we did we would have made sure security was informed and they were kept away from you." The man looked afraid for his job.