Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Forty-Three
Jaxon

A few days earlier...

It had been a couple of days since I had returned home to break up with Grace. None of the guys had agreed with my decision and thought I was just being a coward. I agreed with them, and I was beyond frustrated and heartbroken.

I knew with absolute conviction that she hadn't done anything with Kegan, but I still believed it was better for us to be apart.

I couldn't stand to see Grace put into hurtful tabloids because she was with me. She had been through too much to have so much public humiliation. The second I had seen the front page of that magazine so much hatred and rage had come out of me. They published a picture of her in her underpants- and put it on the front page of the magazine. It really shouldn't have surprised me, but the human race really knew no bounds.

Maybe I really was running from the potential heartbreak that I had seen in numerous other long distance relationships and didn't want to admit it. Maybe I was too scared to try really hard to make it work only to fail in the end.

Whatever the reason, if I wanted to make it through this, I had to repeat the same lie I had been telling myself the past week.

We're better apart. We're better apart. We're better... apart.

I closed my eyes tightly together as I prepared for our next show.

)f;����