Chapter Fifty-Five

Chapter Fifty-Five
Grace

The next morning, I woke up to my alarm. I had grown to detest the unpleasant noise my iPhone made to wake me up.

I checked my text messages, replying to Kegan and Kelsey before I noticed I had a missed call from Jaxon at seven thirty this morning.

I called him back, wondering what he called me for in the first place.

He answered on the third ring. "Hey babe,"

I smiled at the sound of his voice. "Hey Jax, what's up? I had a missed call from you earlier today."

There was a pause on the other side of the phone and some rustling.

"I have some bad news... my manager called and told me I need to be back on tour by tomorrow. I was hoping to hang out with you today." He sounded nervous.

I sighed, I knew this would happen eventually, and I was sad of course, but we would make it through this no matter what.

"Sure, when?" I asked him, rummaging around in my bathroom to get ready for the day.

"Well, I'm kind of already at your house." He gave off a nervous laugh.

I frowned; he was acting a bit weird. "Oh, where? No one came to wake me up. You're not still in the driveway are you?"

"No, just open your door when you're ready. You'll find me." He replied. "I'll see you in a little bit, I love you." He said, hanging up before I could reply.

I quickly brushed my teeth and jumped into the shower, going as fast as a girl could go. I didn't want to keep him waiting any longer.

I threw on a pretty blue romper and my white converse and opened my bedroom door. I paused, mid step in shock.

On the floor was a trail of Hershey's kisses. I laughed, looking down the hallway where they led.

I followed them down the hall, into the elevator, around the house, and through the backyard. The summer sun was shining down on me already and I felt bad for the chocolate kisses that would soon be melted... or eaten.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw the kisses lead to the gazebo in the yard.

So many memories here. I thought to myself, smiling.

I followed them into gazebo and stood in the center. Candles were lit and rose petals were scattered all around me.

But he wasn't here. I looked around the yard and turned in a full circle, stopping when I noticed him walking up the path towards me with a large bouquet of white roses.

When he was standing in front of me I smiled up at him, "Hi," I murmured, standing on my tippy toes to kiss him.

"Good morning," He grinned back at me.

"So what's all this?" I gestured around me, looking at him with my eyebrow raised.

Jaxon stepped closer to me, handing me the flowers at the same time. I smelled them and looked up into his eyes.

"Come on tour with me." He murmured, staring intently at me.

I gasped in shock and blinked, trying to clear my head of the many things that began to run through my mind.

Throughout everything that I had been through, I still had planned to go to college. I was on summer break and wanted to go to school for creative writing. I had plans. I had always had plans, so why when I was asked such a life changing question, did I only have one answer on my lips?

"Yes," I whispered breathlessly, "Yes, I'll go anywhere with you."

Leaning forward, I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms securely and possessively around my waist. I kissed him with all the love that was within my body, and I could tell he was doing the same for me. I knew that he was my forever.

I'll figure out the details later. Right now, I'm in the prime of my life. I'm going to make mistakes, I'm going to fall in love, and mostly, I'm going to live.