Chapter Thirty-Eight

Jaxon

I turned around and watched Grace walk slowly back towards the exit. I sighed sadly, grabbing my duffel bag and suitcase. This was going to be an adventure.

I walked to where I was supposed to meet up with the guys and saw them tossing a mini football around. I laughed; they were always messing around in the airport.

"Hey lads!" I called, watching all of their heads turn to me.

"Hey mate!" Jacob called out as he jogged over to me.

He grabbed me into a hug and we laughed as he nearly knocked me backwards.

"What's new?" I asked. Luke shrugged, joining us.

"Not much since we last talked. Sam and I are going strong," He smiled broadly.

I clapped him on the back, "That's awesome dude. I'm happy for you guys."

Samantha was Luke's long-time girlfriend and was in the band Fighting Fate, a popular band in England that was quickly spreading around the world. They saw each other even less than Grace and I with their busy schedules. It gave me hope that distance was not a problem when you were in love.

I was one lucky guy to have someone as caring and beautiful as Grace. I just hoped I didn't do anything to mess it up.

We boarded the plane first, to avoid any commotion from any overly excited fans on the airplane. When people noticed us as people got settled, we took a few photos and signed some autographs for fans on the plane.

The seatbelt sign lit up and we all put them on silently.

Our nerves and excitement were high and as the wheels left the tarmac, I closed my eyes and thought of Grace and our tour with a smile.

m9pZEdg;