Epilogue Part One

Chapter Fifty-Seven
Grace

EPILOGUE

Part One

Four years later...

"Happy birthday, Noah!" I cried, wrapping my arms around my little brother's small body.

"How old are you now, bud?" Jaxon crouched down on the ground beside him and we watched as Noah began lifting up fingers, trying to figure out his age.

"I'm seven-two!" He cried out in his toddler voice.

I fake gasped, "What? But that would make you older than us!" I looked at Jax in mock horror.

"Jaxon, did you hear that? Noah is older than us!"

Noah looked back and forth between us with wide eyes.

"I am not older than you! I am five!" He shouted finally, holding up six fingers.

I laughed, pushing one finger down. "Yes, you're five! You're a big boy now!"

"I am a big boy!" Noah yelled, jumping on my lap. Those around us laughed good naturedly at the scene. It was Noah's fifth birthday today and everyone was over for his birthday party.

"Be careful buddy, you don't want to hurt your sister!" Jax said, scolding Noah lightly.

"I don't want to hurt the baby!" He cried worriedly, kissing my stomach lightly.

"I love you baby," He whispered to my stomach. I laughed, he was the cutest.

"There you guys are!" Luisana said breathlessly, "we're about to cut the cake. Come on Noah, time to blow out your candles!" Michael joined her at her side and motioned for Noah to come join them.

He ran excitedly over to his Scooby-doo cake and waited impatiently for them to light the candles. Jax extended his hand lovingly to me and I took it as he helped me up.

"I still can't believe you're pregnant," He whispered in my ear happily. His voice gave me shivers and I smiled at him.

I nodded, "I know, it still feels surreal and I've known for three months." I laughed, shaking my head.

I had just told him a few weeks earlier, wanting to make sure that the baby was healthy before I got anyone's hopes up. Miscarriages tended to run in my family.

We walked over to the crowd of our closest family and friends and were stopped by Hattie on our way to the table.

"So you still want to have the ultrasound later today?" She asked us happily.

I nodded, "It's been too long since we've seen him." I smiled.

I had a feeling that it was a boy, but Jaxon had a different opinion.

"You mean her," He corrected, teasing me. "My little princess will be as beautiful as his mother."

I snorted, rolling my eyes. It didn't matter to us what the baby was as long as it was healthy.

"When are we going to tell Aunt Kim and Uncle Pete?" I asked Jax.

They had been away on their second honeymoon for the last six months, touring all across Europe.

"They should be here soon. They don't want to miss Noah's birthday party." He replied.

I nodded as we walked towards everyone. They had finally gotten the candles lit on his birthday cake and I saw Kim and Pete hurrying towards everyone.