Epilogue Part Two

Epilogue 

Part Two

Grace

Six months later...

"Jaxon?" I called into the hall. It was one in the afternoon and he had decided to take a nap.

"Yes?" He called back sleepily, and I cringed, feeling bad that I had to wake him up. He had been up last night with the baby.

"I can't find the diapers, where did you put them?" I asked.

He came padding around the corner with his hair messy and untamed, with his eyes still half closed.

I supressed a smile, knowing that we were both running a little low in the sleep department.

"I can't remember..." He said, rubbing the back of his head. He began to search the room and looked at me sheepishly when he pulled them out of the laundry basket.

"I was a little tired last night." He said.

I laughed, walking over to him to give him a quick kiss.

"It's alright Jax, last week I put a diaper in the washing machine," I sighed, "at least it was just with other baby stuff..." I trailed off and shuddered.

"We get a free pass; we have a baby and get no sleep. We're practically superheroes." I shrugged.

"I can agree with that," He chuckled, heading towards the sleeping baby.

Her name was Kiera Madison Trent, and she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

He had been right, it was a girl. He got his two princesses after all.

We had decided on using my mom's name as Kiera's middle name, like Luisana had used my brother's name for Noah's.

"We make pretty babies, don't we?" Jax grinned down at me affectionately.

"Well, her daddy's pretty good looking, so I'd say she inherited it all from him." I smirked.

"And I'd say her mommy is mistaken, because she's quite the catch." He winked at me.

Kiera began to wail and we exchanged a pained look.

"We've got each other, we can do this." I laughed, quickly putting a diaper on her.

"That's all I need in this world," He murmured, taking her from my arms and holding us both close to him. She quieted down immediately; she was definitely a daddy's girl.

"I'm the happiest man in the world," He said honestly.

"I love you." I kissed them both.

They were my forever.

No one knows what will happen in their lives. Things happen that deter us from the paths that we're on, and it sends us right down a different one. Sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's the best thing that you could have ever hoped for. So live purely, laugh often, and love whole heartedly. You'll be okay, whatever the circumstance. If you have the positivity to believe in yourself and others, you will get to where you want to be.

Preston watched his sister cuddle his niece Kiera.

She was beautiful, they both were, and he was so proud of how far Jaxon and Grace had come.

It hurt that he couldn't be with them physically, but he would always be there in spirit.

He made sure that Grace knew it, too.

"How are they doing, honey?" His mom asked.

"They're doing just fine." He smiled happily, taking his mom's hand and squeezing it softly.

"That's my baby girl." His dad whispered, watching over Grace and her new family with pride.

Preston smiled to himself.

His baby sister had grown up.

The End