Chapter Thirty-Three

Jaxon

     Last night had not gone like I planned it to. I had envisioned seeing Grace again and not once did I think it would turn out as badly as it did. I was supposed to have hugged her, taken her hand and talked with her for hours. Not awkwardly run into her with another girl- especially one who I had no feelings for.

I groaned, stuffing a pillow over my face.

"What's wrong Jax?" Luke asked me curiously.

I sighed, "I saw Grace last night."

"What?!" I heard Jacob yell from across the room. "What happened, what did you say?" He prodded me, sitting on my legs while I laid down on the couch.

"I ran into her at the restaurant I took Lesley to last night." I groaned again, upset at what happened. On top of it all, Grace hadn't texted me. I had given her the power to start the conversation in case she actually didn't want anything to do with me. I should have made her give me her number as well.

The boys looked at me with eyes as round as saucers. "That's awful! How did that turn out?"

I sighed in defeat. "Lesley introduced herself as my girlfriend. I didn't want to make things even more awkward for Grace if I started an argument in front of her. Lesley can be truly terrifying when she wants to be."

Luke groaned, "Worst thing that could have happened!"

"You've got to go after her, mate!" Josh said with determination.

"I gave her my number... if she wants to talk to me she'll text me. I'll give her a week before I take drastic measures and show up to her house uninvited." I laughed humorlessly.

"You know where she lives?" Jacob asked, raising an eyebrow. "You work faster than I thought, Jax-o!" He elbowed me playfully and winked.

I laughed, "I wish I was that smooth! Nah, she was adopted by Michael Bublé!"

The gasp that went around the room was hilarious. "That's crazy!" Luke cried, they were all soaking up this crazy story that happened to be my life.

"No kidding. So at least she'll be easy to track down." I smiled.

"I wonder how she's doing with the tabloids," Jacob said quietly.

That sobered up the mood quickly. I had never thought about Grace having to be in the publics' eye before now. She had always been the humble, adorable normal girl that had a great private life. Now the paparazzi would be dying to get into her personal life and everything about the crash would be twisted into even more gruesome lies.

My heart ached for her. I would do everything I could to keep her safe.

indrAb