Prologue: Death of a Patriot

The sounds of metal and stone shattering filled the empty streets of Chernobog, what was once a flourishing city under the great empire of Ursus, now used as a weapon to incite war. As the ground cracked and rumbled beneath, skyscrapers toppled above, burying all who were under it. Yet as the chaos happening continued, a single man felt peace within all of it.

"Watch out for the spear Blaze!" The sound of a radio buzzing alerted a muscle-toned cat woman as she barely was able to dodge a spear aimed directly at her. As she took a step back, she swung her arms, revealing a large chainsaw now thrusting directly forward, only to be stopped by a shield far larger than herself, who was already considered big by her peers.

"Doktah! Where are the rest? I could probably handle this guy for at least 8 more seconds!" She shouted onto the radio, backing off once more as she stared at the shield marching towards her. The shield itself was nothing to be admired about, as it was nothing more than just a large wall with a strange orange symbol engraved onto the top half of it, with signs of wear and tear scattered everywhere as cracks formed.

"Amiya is still being treated by Kalt'sit," The voice explained, only to be cut off by another more commanding voice, "70 seconds, give or take. Rosmotis is closing in on your location, give her another 25 seconds!"

"25 seconds?! I said I have 8 sec-" Without any warning, the spear cut through the air, with the woman barely having any time to react, she shielded herself with her chainsaw, it shattering in an instant and blowing back the woman onto a building and creating a hole where she landed.

"M-make that 0 seconds..."She muttered as she dropped to the ground, unconscious.

"Blaze! Dammit!" On the radio, the voices blurred as the shield pushed forward, past the woman and towards another group of people fighting.

"Doktah, the enemy known as Patriot is advancing, he will arrive in a matter of seconds." A tan braided haired man said as he blocked an attack from a masked demon, countering by splashing acid onto its face and stabbing it right into the gut.

"Laevatain!" Suddenly, bursts of magma surged from under the streets as a molten golem climbed its way onto the streets and separated the man and his other squad members from the walking shield, on its hand was a woman in red, and on its other was a large greatsword.

"Tch... Die!" The hot-tempered woman shouted as the golem swung its blade, yet the shield was only raised as a spear thrust behind it, obliterating the golem and making the woman fall to the ground, the shield itself was cut in half due to the molten greatsword, revealing the figure behind it all.

The man, was large, too large to be comparable to any who stood before him, with his spear on one hand, he threw away the damaged shield as all gazed upon him. Draped on his back was a tattered cape that once shrouded him in darkness and covered the heavy armour and machinery that decorated the figure, yet the most striking thing about him was his head. His head was akin to an elk's skull, with horns raising his overall figure even larger, whether it was a helmet or his head was both unknown and unclear to all.

"Doktah, the operator Surtr has fallen..." The straight-faced man said on his comms as two red eyes stared down at him, seemingly unfazed by the golem, he braced for impact as the massive giant swept across the streets, blowing him away and onto a car, the man spat out blood as he too fell unconscious, dropping his poison enhanced blade on his hand.

"Dammit!" At the far end of the street, a hooded man slammed a makeshift operating table as he looked in terror, yet was calmed down as a woman with a white coat rested a hand on his shoulder, "We can't retreat now, there's about a 5-hour gap from Chernobog to Lungmen. I'll give you the last 6 seconds to wake her up, we cannot fail this close on stopping Reunion's actions from creating another world war!"