Chapter 19: The First Day

It was a beautiful day... Birds were singing, flowers were blooming, and on days like this-

"Wakey wakey!" Ruby's high-pitched voice rang into Weiss's ears as the sleeping girl jumped in shock, only to comically fall to the ground with an ungraceful thud.

"Ruby! What the heck was that?!" Weiss growled as she picked herself up, dizzy from sleep drunk. Looking around, she only finds Ruby awake, completely dressed in the Beacon Academy uniform already, though slightly altered by the appearance of her red cloak, with Yang still in bed and Blake already in the shower.

"Rube's... tone it down a little... give me five more minutes..." Yang groans as a faint smell of alcohol seeped out of her breath. She had gone out to Vale in celebration, though returned carrying one of her friends passed out drunk.

"C'mon guys, we haven't even fixed our stuff yet. Look at this place!" Ruby attempted her most leader voice she could muster, waving around the room as their luggage (mostly Weiss's) was haphazardly placed.

"I- You made a point I can agree with for once..."Weiss's eyes widened as she took a second scan across the room. In her high standards, the room was a pigpen at the end of a busy day of pigs soaked in a mud pit...

"Well, I doubt the cabinet would fit everything we have, and the beds are already on the way..." Weiss explained, only for a realization to bring her back to her excessive amounts of luggage, "We... can move the beds around?" 

"How?" Yang lazily raised her head from her pillows as she beaconed the entire room. There was no space for the beds to move.

"I mean, we can connect the beds and make one big bed!" Ruby innocently suggested, remembering the times when she and her sister would cuddle together on a cold night.

"No." Weiss immediately shut down the idea as she was not keen on sleeping in the same bed with some random strangers, even if said strangers would be with her for the next four years.

"Well... how about bunk beds!"

"No- bunk beds?" Weiss staggered as something inside her was triggered. 

"Yeah, bunk beds. We lift two beds on top of each other!" The younger one explained, Weiss seemingly in deep thought about the idea.

"I mean... it is space efficient with this egregiously high ceiling..." She finally relented as she attempted to picture the 'bunk beds' in her mind.

"That settles it! Kanpai!" Ruby jumped victoriously as she finally had a plan for the whole time.

"Kanpai..." Both Weiss and Yang muttered, the former still holding doubts of the bunk beds idea, while the latter still had her eyes close, as if she was moments away from falling back to sleep.

"Kanpai." Blake suddenly spoke with a monotone voice as she poked her head out of the bathroom, with hot steam escaping through the open space. She had just finished showering, with her body glistening with water from the rays of light leaking from the dorm's window, yet curiously enough, had her bow already fashioned on her head.

What soon followed were the girls beginning the room's re-design, mostly with Yang begrudgingly doing whatever Ruby was asking her to do, while Weiss simply opted to fix her luggages, which occupied the most space. 

Before they knew it, the room had changed dramatically, with the four taking a step back to marvel at their work. Or just look at their work...

"Ruby?" Weiss spoke in a low voice, clearly showing the disappointment on her face.

"Yes Weiss?"

"What the heck happened?" The heiress couldn't believe what she was seeing. While she did agree on bunk beds, one of the beds was currently suspended over the other, with nothing more than rope wrapped around the legs attaching to the ceiling. The other bed was carefully stacked on top of the other with a series of books. As to where they got the books, none had an idea.