Chapter 12: The Emerald Forest; Part 2

~~~Back at the Police Station~~~

"Additionally, Miss Yelena," Ozpin stopped Yelena as the girl was about to leave, the room having returned to its original state as the girl canceled her arts, "It would be wise to... maybe tone down on your powers."

"And why would I limit myself? Isn't the purpose of the Huntsmen academies to train children into fighting these monsters?" Yelena, understandably confused, turned to face the headmaster. Such a condition was like fighting in a battlefield with one hand behind the back.

"Well... it's more on keeping your real identity a secret than anything else. Your father can walk in the streets so openly due to people mistaking his mask for an unknown culture in Mistral or Vacuo, but your outstanding powers over ice is something beyond just any regular semblance. Reveal too much and even I can't stop the public from knowing your true self, and what's to come... there are people out there who would see you and your father as a threat." Ozpin tilted his head forward, with Yelena acknowledging his statement.

"I understand. However, what would your definition of limited be?"

"Well, starting with the obvious, nothing too flashy, like what you did back at Petal Village. Just use your ice generously, no freezing entire people and the likes. 'Course, that does not mean you'd have to concede in future duels with stronger opponents, if you think you need a certain percent of your power to go against an opponent, go ahead."

"Very well then..."

~~~Present time~~~

"W-what the- ice?" Free snapped out of his battle-lust as the realization of what had happened hit him. Currently, his one arm was enveloped by an ice wall the width of dining table, with his legs immobilized by even more ice.

"Shiet..." He simply muttered as he eyed Yelena rounding the edges of the ice wall she had made, a threatening glare aimed directly onto him.

"What was that for?" With a flick of her wrist, Yelena shot up an ice spike from the ground, stopping it only mere inches away from the boy's neck. Noticeably angered by the sudden attack, she couldn't care less of what the headmaster had just warned her back at the police station, and took care of the remaining Grimm with her arts.

"Oops?" Using his free hand, Free raised it in a sign of defeat, "I tend to get carried away when fighting... I must've mistook your ice for a Grimm..."

"A Grimm can use ice magic?" Partially through curiosity, partially through sarcasm, Yelena raised her brow and asked.

"Nah," Free whistled, "Anyways, sorry for attacking you, couldn't help it."

"Whatever, what's done is done, though I won't be this kind when you attack me again." Yelena flashed a glare one more time as Free simply gleamed at her acceptance.

"Yay! By the way, I'm Lemuel G. Free, and I believe us meeting makes us partners."

"Of course we are..." Yelena rolled her eyes at the realization, 'A murderous man-child as my partner, where have I seen this before?...'

"Yelena, I hope we can at least work together for the next 4 years..." She muttered, with the two exchanging hands in the process.

"I do hope so as well!" With a firm shake, Yelena quickly turned her attention to Free's frozen limbs, the boy seemingly uncaring of his current predicament.

"So... about your limbs... it would take a while for my ice to dissolve."

"Should be fine, as long as I could feel my limbs, I could break through this-"