Chapter 8: The Children Who Feign Huntsmen

Yelena watched as a crowd of people boarded airships destined for Beacon, simply walking past those who bade their parents farewell, her father nowhere to be seen, as in his words: 'didn't want to cause a commotion.'

"Thanks to that headmaster, I have opened up a book store of my own, you have got nothing to worry about... Go." She remembered, now quietly walked towards the large airship that was going to transport her towards the academy, where her new life was going to start.

Using one of the benches found in the airship as a bed, she leaned herself on the glass where she saw the ship departing the city, suddenly overhearing a few girls chatting beside her and perked her ears, interested in whatever they were talking about... It was at least better than just simple sightseeing...

"I still can't believe it! My cute, itty-bitty sister is going to Beacon Academy! With me!" The blonde jumped, wrapping her arms around her blushing sister, Yang's much larger frame muffling whatever screams of embarrassment came out of Ruby.

"Please... stop..." The younger patted her sister's shoulder, Yang quickly backing off with a pout.

"Aww, but I'm so proud of you! Heck, dad's been crying this entire week!"

"I mean... he is seeing the two of us leave for Beacon, and it'll be lonely back there at Patches..."

"Crying out of joy that is!" Yang quickly corrected her sister, "Everyone in Beacon's gonna go CRAZY when they see you!"

"Really. Sis. It was nothing. I just attempted to take down a criminal, Glynda Goodwitch just happened to be nearby... y'know. Stuff..." Ruby sighed. Yang's treatment of Ruby literally went on for the past week, with her father, and basically everyone in Patches, also celebrating her early admission.

"Exactly! Picture it: 'A 15-year-old stops a ruthless criminal and his goons from ransacking some poor merchant's dust store.' Perfect headlines if you ask me! You will be the Bee's Knees!"

"I don't want to be the Bee's Knees, I just want normal knees!" Ruby's sudden sentence finally broke Yelena into a fit of laughter, catching the two girls's attention.

"Hey! Do you have a problem with our conversation?" Yang eyed Yelena with hostility, only for the latter to wave her hands.

"Nothing, nothing, but it is surprising to hear someone want to be normal, while still going to Beacon Academy." While it was also something Yelena wanted, she simply was going to Beacon for the information the academy was going to give her. It's a different case for a girl born and raised in the world of Remnant.

"Chalk it up to stage fright I guess. Anyways, seems like we came off on the wrong foot. What's your name?" Yang sighed as she waved away any form of hostility, Yelena's reasoning sounding reasonable to her.

"Yelena. And you two?"

"Yelena... Wait, aren't you the girl that big guy you met in the warehouse told you about?" Yang suddenly turned to Ruby, who had her eyes widened by the sight of Yelena. Of all the things the daughter of a man with massive stature like Mr. Patriot would have been, a beautiful rabbit faunus was not one of them.

"Ah, you must be Yang Xiao Long. My father told me about you..." Yelena then turned to face Ruby, "And your sister?"

"Nice to meet ya!" With a chuckle, Yang extended her arm, with the white rabbit simply accepted the blonde's handshake. Only, the latter gave out an immediate shudder as she instinctively pulled back her hand.

"Y-your hands. They're way too cold!" The blonde girl muttered, with Yelena simply shrugging as she chalked it up to her arts, or in their world, semblance.