Chapter 20: Frustration and Desperation

"Go Weiss!" Ruby shouted from the sideline as Weiss readied her stance in front of the class, having brought out her rapier, she awaited the professor's command. In front of her was a metallic cage, 

"Aren't the Grimm creatures of destruction?" Yelena felt appalled by what she was seeing in front of her. While everyone around her was more than capable of handling a singular Grimm, especially Weiss, to have a feral creature wreaked havoc inside a classroom was less than acceptable.

"Well, this is a school for huntsmen after all... It should be fine..." Free simply shrugged, trusting Port's judgement and Weiss's capabilities.

"I'm ready." Weiss let out a calm exhale, pointing her pointed blade onto the cage, watching as the cage violently began to shake, the Grimm inside feeling the tense emotions of the girl in front.

"Very well then. Begin!" The professor bellowed out as he pulled out his weapon, a double-barreled shotgun with a double-headed axe head horizontally lined at the edges of the barrel. With a quick strike, he shatters the lock holding the creature inside in place and dropping the iron flap open.

Almost immediately a sudden squeal reverberated throughout the class as a black figure escaped the darkness of the cage with extreme speed, almost impacting Weiss as she took a step to the side. Instead, the figure crashes onto the wall, finally revealing a dark orb, which uncurled to form a small boar-like Grimm. A Boarbatusk.

Meanwhile, Weiss elegantly glided to the side with her glyphs, impressing a few students to the side with her display of talent. As much as she could handle a mere Boarbatusk, a juvenile at that, first impressions are key. And that meant as much bravado and charm she could muster up.

"Very good use of your semblance, Miss Schnee, quick thinking and quick on your feet!" Portman praised the heiress, prompting a smile to grow on her face as she readied for the Grimm's next attack. 

"Show off." Cardin sighed, the comment loud enough for the front row to hear, with Yang immediately turning and visibly giggling at him to annoy him even further.

Back at the front, Weiss watches as the Grimm readies another charge, and readies a set of glyphs all around herself. She was going to deal with the Grimm with a single, and rather spectacular, attack, but it needed it to get closer to her.

'Wait for a minute...' Weiss waited for the right moment as she stood her ground, her patience and focus in sync as she pictured how her desire attack would be seen by the students in front of her-

"GO WEISS GO!" Ruby screamed right alongside her sister, the collective shout enough to disrupt Weiss as she instinctively turned to face her team in surprise, the glyphs she had readied disappearing in a flash.

"Wha-" 

BANG

Before Weiss could even process what was happening, the Boarbatusk's charge landed a devastating blow on the side of her cheek, knocking her onto the blackboard, where a box of chalk landed on her head.

"Schnee!" The professor shouts in concern, his voice taken noticed by the now rampaging Boarbatusk. Up on the desks, the whispers of praise turned to gasps, with Yelena returning a gaze to Free.

"I- huh... what exactly was the point in all this, now that you think about it..." Free slowly turned away from Yelena, whose face had 'I told you.' written all over it. Cardin meanwhile winced at the ugly sight, clenching his fists in frustration. As much as he saw Weiss as a rival, her falling here would leave a bad touch on noble children...

"Well, I guess I'll just have to put you back in your cage..." The professor simply sighed as he readied a stance, waiting for the Grimm to charge at him. Only, a dozen glyphs suddenly manifest around the creature, Weiss at the back having levelled her rapier onto it. With one final flick of her wrist, massive spikes of ice shoot out of the glyphs, impaling the Grimm like an iron maiden, not even giving it the time to squeal in pain as it faded into a mist of darkness.