Chapter 3: A New Life

"So even your Oripathy's gone now..." Yelena repeated her father's words as they huddled around a hastily built campfire to protect against the cold of the night. It had been a day since they had left the destroyed village and had dropped off the captured Faunus in the town next door. With the Grey-eared feline then suggested the two to leave, as the chances of the two being captured for their actions would increase had they entered the spotlight.

"What now?" Yelena turned to face her father, with nowhere to go, a new life to live, an infinite choice of options to choose from... There was an irony of indecisiveness.

"We're not in Terra anymore. There are still innumerable amount of people suffering from Oripathy, but there is nothing else we can do about it. Such actions also prove present here in this new world, but that would mean-"

"There could already be a Reunion of this world, to fight for the Faunus and such," Yelena explained. Waking up in a slaver's den wasn't exactly a good first impression of a new world.

"But would you really want to do this all over again? Spend our life fighting against the entire world? To die and be labelled as the villain once more?" Her father asked. It was understandably a selfish choice, but it was a choice that even Yelena could relate to.

"I could have stopped them, but instead, I left the future in their hands. Maybe-" He turned to the unknown stars in the sky, similarly alien to the unchanging sky he once looked up to in the lonely nights of Terra, "There is another Rhodes Island here?"

"Very well then. A new life." Yelena nodded with a smile, letting the two rest for a moment, only for her father to open up another conversation.

"You were using your Arts without Originium." Patriot suddenly explained as she widened her eyes, having not realized such an important detail.

"What?" Yelena, understandably surprised, asked, hoping that she had just misheard her father.

"We do not have Oripathy anymore, and yet you can still use your Arts. There is something supernatural at play here." Patriot explained even further.

"When you say it like that... It's as if we still have, and do not have, Oripathy. A paradox." Yelena chuckled as the revelation of a third miracle befalls her. Three impossible tasks, being transported into a new world, being cured of Oripathy, and the use of arts without Originium... She may have just used all her luck.

There was a pause as the two digested the information gathered, only to burst out laughing.

"Then maybe whatever gods exist do look down on us..." Patriot nodded as they rested for the day. They may have been transported into a world similar to their old one, but a miracle is a miracle, and they'll take every advantage of it.

They continued their path forward the next day, their silent march calm and still, with nothing to look back against, nothing to worry about. Soon finding themselves in a village, Patriot stopped as he beckoned Yelena to him.

"The villagers might react harshly if I enter like this," Patriot explained as he handed his daughter a bag of Lien, money they had stolen after they had ransacked the slaver village.

"Very well then."

~~~

Kandi sighed as she took a bite out of her sandwich, walking through the dirt road. She had been requested by the higher-ups of her agency to investigate the figure from the camera footage she had submitted for questioning, as she was the closest to the site, she was also the closest to the target.

"And this is what you get for playing the good Samaritan..." The operator on her earpiece chuckled as he evidently was sipping on some cup noodles, a ploy to tease the poor girl with her actions.