Chapter 37

BEA'S POV

I am Beatriz Ramontes. A friend of Aizel.

We started being friends in highschool. I know her before she even knows me.

She's a famous person in school. Madaming kaibigan. Sakit sa ulo ng mga guro at pasaway. She also doesn't care about others.

Something about her just feels off. I guess she was a puzzle I've been trying to solve before.

We became friends when she offered to give me money in exchange for painting something for her.

I remember the time na may nagpakalat ng chismis na mag jowa daw sila ni Sir Dawson. Her eyes looked cold as she beat up one of the girls in the room.

Not even a single guilt can be seen. That scared me. Kaya nag alangan ako makipag kaibigan pero nang makita ko siyang nakangiti habang nakatitig sa larawan na ipininta ko ay nagbago ang isip ko.

I don't know her family pero alam kong wala na siyang nanay. I knew when I saw how she described her mom and how she cried when I showed her the painting.

She's lonely. I know that. Nagkukunwareng lang na palangiti at masaya. Her eyes are empty. I think the reason why she has many friends is to fill the emptiness she's feeling.

Is she an orphan? Or hindi lang siya nabibigyan ng sapat na atensyon sa bahay nila?

That's some of the questions I have in my mind. I plan to help her because I have a feeling that she'll fall apart someday.

She's capable of hurting people and she's also bound to lose herself in the near future.

She's empty. But her eyes started showing emotion when that woman came.

Ang kapatid ni Sir Dawson. Si Aiko Leora Dawson.

She told me she only has a crush on her but I don't think so. I saw how she looked at her. How her face lit up. How she smiles unconsciously. How her eyes show sincerity and respect.

I saw how she became a different person before. I saw how her eyes showed different emotions.

The eyes never lie after all.

So I figured out that in the future, she'll chase Sir Dawson's sister. And I was right.

I left the Philippines for years. Akala ko magiging maayos siya dahil nakikita ko na siyang masaya bago ako umalis. But I was wrong.

Kakabalik ko lang ng pilipinas at siya agad ang una kong hinanap. Sir Dawson doesn't know where she is. Ang sabi ay dalawang beses lumapit ng eskwelahan.

I tried going in their house when I found out her father is the famous Lucas Azen Sanchez. Pero wala akong nahanap ni isang bakas niya sa bahay nila. She left home.

Where could she possibly be? Can she even survive by herself? What happened after I left?

After a few days of investigating, I found where she's studying.

Napatigil ako nang makita ko siya. Ang dating malamig niyang mga mata ay mas nawalan ng emosyon. Kalmado pero wala akong makitang emosyon.

She's wearing some sweather even if it's hot. I saw how she avoids people. How she put walls around her.

She changed. Hindi naging maayos at naging mas malala.

She's a different person. Different name and different personality. She's not the one I used to know.

"I'm still your friend from a few years ago."

She told me. Maybe, but she changed a lot. Napatunayan ko yun pagkatapos marinig ang nangyari sa dating eskwelahan niya.