Chapter 47

Leora's POV

"Kain lang kayo!" Nakangiting sabi ng matandang babae saamin habang kumakain kami sa isang lamesa.

We were invited here after the game. Kakilala nila Cipher ang may birthday kaya naimbitahan para kumain.

I sat awkwardly with Cipher's friend. May sarili silang usapan at pa minsan minsan ay sinasama ako. But I can't understand what they're saying sometimes.

"Kaibigan mo si Aizel, ate?" Nakangiting tanong ng isa sa mga kaibigan ni Cipher na si Chanie.

I smiled a little and didn't know what to tell her. Kaibigan? Kakilala Professor dati? Or girlfri...

I smiled bitterly inside. We were never a thing. Hindi ko siya sinagot noon and I broke her heart before we could even be a thing.

"Just someone she knows." I answered, hiding the pain that I'm feeling.

"Talaga? Totoo bang mayaman siya? Hindi niya inaamin pero halatang rich kid." Sabat naman ni Pietro.

Napalingon ako kay Cipher sa kalayuan na may kausap. She's bowing and smiling while scratching her nape like she's shy. I think they're making her sing or play the piano.

She never plays instruments for strangers, especially infront of many people. That's how I know na impossibleng mapakanta siya.

"I can't tell you anything about that." I answered.

She might get mad at me if I tell them anything without her permission. She's already mad at me, I shouldn't add fuel to the fire.

They all let out a disappointed grunt. May itatanong pa sana saakin nang biglang tumunog ang cellphone ko. Nagpaalam ako sakanila at lumabas para sagutin ang tawag.

"Kuya." I greeted as I walked outside the gate.

Binati pa ako ng ilang nag iinuman sa labas ng bahay na nginitian ko lang.

"Where are you? Bakit ngayon mo lang sinagot ang tawag ko? Do you know how worried am I?!"Kuya shouted on the other line.

I sighed. I forgot to call him. I was so busy and too focused on Cipher.

"She's alive, kuya." I said straight to the point.

I glanced at the window where I could see Cipher still trying to refuse the elders.

"Aiko, stop this nonsense-"

"It's true. I...I didn't believe it at first but here I am, staring at her and thinking 'is this even real'?"

The first time I saw her face was a great shock. After almost 2 years of grief, pain and longing, I finally got to see those brown eyes again. I finally got to stare and touch her again.

I'm so happy. Ang pagkamiss sakanya ay napunan. She's here, alive and well. She's here. She's finally here.

But the thing is...she's back to how Tito Ray described her when she left her father's house.

Cold and put limitations on her expressions and emotions. I don't know what happened in the years she was gone but I know something changed.

Nagbago ang pakikitungo niya saakin. She's mad I know. She doesn't want to get hurt again. She keeps pushing me away.

But I can see her happiness. She found friends... a family. Everyone around her is so nice. And she's somewhere where she wants to be right now. A place where it's peaceful and quiet.

Like the description where she wanted to live.

"I want to live somewhere quiet. Near a beach where I could hear the sounds of waves crashing the shore. Somewhere you can hear the birds when you wake up in the morning."