Chapter 3. Ever Enough

I wake up to the sound of pots and pans clashing about and the radio playing music through the open kitchen/ living space. There was no way I would be sleeping on this sofa again, I'd had no more than a few hours sleep and was desperate for a comfy bed. Leah although dainty, snored like a rhino, and Taylor would no doubt have company each night so I was lacking options for a good night sleep.

I look over to the kitchen to see Jesse cooking up a storm.

"Morning babe, come pull up a stool!"

I walk over groggily to sit down and rub my eyes. "So, your a morning person."
Jesse was as bright as can be and I can't imagine he slept much more than me.

"Duh.. your clearly not" he chuckles. "Cooking is my love language and I'm pretty sure you deserve a reward after putting J in his place last night!"

My face burned red in horror as I remembered last night.
"You saw that?! Oh my god!"

"Don't you dare be embarrassed, I'm pretty sure it was the best thing I've ever witnessed. No one ever turns this man down, let alone put him in his place, I'm in awe of you hunny. Pop him down a peg or two".
You could tell he loved the drama, especially as it involved his brother.

"I was feeling brave, now.. not so much. Just bloody tired" I yawn.

"Take my bed babe. Second door down the hall on the right."

"Thanks Jesse, I'd kiss you but I'm not sure I'm
Your type" I joke.

"Certainly not, bit too much boob for me babe" he laughed. I took a chocolate pancake off the side and headed off for some more sleep.

This time when I woke everything was quiet. I wondered if the men were asked to find an alternative place to stay and it was just us girls again. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

I got showered and dressed myself in a black wrap around, low cut swimsuit and wrapped a little shawl around my bottom half.

As I reach outside I can see I am last to wake. Everyone is socialising, or soaking up the sun. Taylor's draped around Matt's neck in the pool in deep conversation, they had clearly enjoyed there night. I'm happy for her, she looks carefree. Leah walks over to me, gives me a tight squeeze and passes me a glass of juice and some suncream"

"Hey girl, about time"

"Don't, it's been a night. Any news from the owner?"

"I spoke to him this morning, he apologised for the mix up but can't offer us another property ..he's fully booked. He said if anything changes he will be in touch. Annoying..  but as an apology he's booked a table and drinks in a bar this evening for us all"

I was expecting to feel disappointed. So why did I find myself searching the room for Jax as I spoke with Leah.

"I suppose we just make the best of it?" Leah looks surprised at my optimism.

"Exactly, Taylor's having a blast and the guys are a lot of fun"

"Will Ben be ok with all this Lee?"

"You know Ben, he knows I'm all for him. No problems there." As if he could hear us talking, her phone rings and she trails off to speak with him.

I can feel Jax's eyes burning into the back of me. I turn to see him laying out on the daybed, watching me, exactly where we were positioned last night.

"Still feeling brave peachy?"

I roll my eyes. He's already starting.

"Not so much, I'm tired and I ache. The sofa was not the best decision I've ever made." I sit beside him, making sure to keep a small distance between us.