Chapter 6

The room went silent. Beau, James, Daniel, Jai and Luke all stared at me. Then, all of a sudden; noise. It was a mixture of "how?" "What the fuck" and "I'm gonna kill you beau" of course beau defended himself with "I didn't do a damn thing you cunts!"

"Ok! Ok! I was joking that's not it!" I said louder than everyone else's voices. "I'm not pregnant, it just made it easier to say this..." I side glanced at beau who had just let out a barely audible sigh. I did the same. "Me and beau...we...erm...we're a couple." I prepared myself for hate comments.

James, Jai and Daniel came over and group hugged me and smacked Beau on the shoulder. "I'm happy for you" "good job Beau." "No sex you lovebirds" are just a few of the things we were told. Luke stayed silent and seated, staring into his cereal bowl.

"Luke?" I walked over to him and sat on his lap. "Are you ok, Boo?" I put my arms around Luke's neck.

"I'm fine." He sounded hurt. Luke pushed me off his lap and strutted to his room, his shoulders and head hung low. I got up and followed him.

"Don't follow me." I pointed a finger at all the boys. They nodded and sat at the table. I half jogged half walked to Luke's room an knocked lightly. No answer. I knocked again.

"Lukey? Can I come in?" I turned the door handle. Before I even had a chance to push the door in Luke was there pulling me through the doorframe. I was engulfed in a mess of tears and hugs.

"Luke what's the matter?" I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Luke?" More sobs. I'd never seen him like this before... "Whatever it is, you can tell me. Nothing's going to happen. Please tell me." I nudged Luke backward towards his bed.

"You...and Beau...I just...." I couldn't make out anything clearly between Luke's sobs.

"Me and beau? What about it?" I sat Luke down on his bed. He burrowed his face in his hands and went to silent crying. I ran my hand over his hair. "Luke. Please tell me." I sat down next to him.

Luke finally took an audible breath and sat up and stared at me. His eyes were red and puffy and he was suppressing a few more sobs. I laid my hand on his thigh and he took it in his had and kissed it, ever so lightly. He closed his eyes, then shot them back at me. His beautiful brown eyes staring at me, pleading for something.

Luke leaned his face in close to mine and turned to the side of my face. His hot breath sent chills down my spine as he whispered; "I love you Liz. More than you know." My eyes shot wide open.

__________________________

Oooh! So apparently Jai DOESN'T like Liz...but Luke does. Interesting XP wonder what's gonna happen next.

~Kaity1314