Chapter 17

I just said Jai was cute. What? Cute. What?! Jai is my best friend. I can't think that! I heard the front door creak open.

"Hey." I heard Jai say.

"Hi." Ariana said. I bet they kissed. I laughed at myself for what I was thinking.

"Jai and Ariana would make cute babies." I thought. I laughed again. Ugh I still needed to get dressed. I pushed myself up off the floor and stood in the middle of my room for a minute. This is gonna be my first time meeting Ari. Ooooh no! My fan girl side finally kicked in. I stuck my fingers in my hair. Panic.

"What am I gonna wear? It has to be nice." I threw open my closet door. Sweats? Absolutely not! Shorts and a tank top? No, too casual. Prom dress? Definitely elegant...but no. Ah! Okay. Sun dress. This works. I pulled my shirt off over my head and kicked my pj shorts off then slipped the dress over my head.

It's my favorite. Beau bought it for me a little while back. It's baby pink with purple splotches all over it. It's one of those dresses that's longer in the back than the front. And the necking of the dress is the best part! It's low cut in the back covered with light pink lace. It's quite possibly the cutest a thing I've ever seen. I love it.

I admired myself in the mirror for a moment before deciding I should actually brush through the rats nest on top of my head I refer to as my hair. Owwie...

I heard a loud thump downstairs and freaked out a bit. I rushed down the stairs to see Jai getting super pissed.

"You what!?" He yelled at her. He got really close to her face. She stumbled backward a bit.

"I'm sorry Jai...I just..." Her voice was shaky. I got super concerned in a big, fat hurry. I skipped over the last few steps and hurried over to where thy were standing in the living room. I stood in between them.

"What happened?" I asked trying to sound less scared than I was to be in the middle of them. I alternated looking at both of them, Jai then Ariana. Her eyes fell to floor and Jai stared her down. I pushed Jai backward. "What happened?" I said more sternly. I saw his jaw tighten.

"She..." He hesitated, clenched his fists and kept staring at her. "She fucking cheated on me." His voice was soft but angry. I shook my head in confusion.

"What?" I looked at Ariana who's eyes were still locked on her shoes. "Did you?" I was doing my level best to stay calm an not beat her to a pulp. No answer. "Ariana, fucking answer me! Did you or did you not?" Okay I'm not so good at staying calm...

"Yes..." She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "But I--"

"Get out." I interrupted her. I wanted her out of here, or I was going to do something I would seriously regret.

"If I could just--" she started. I wasn't going to have it.

"I said get out of my house!" I yelled it right in her face and pointed toward the door. "Go. Now." She turned and ran out of the house. Good riddance. I ran my fingers through my hair. I thought she was such a nice girl...

Then I heard something. It was quiet. Almost inaudible. Crying. It was crying. I turned around to see Jai had sunk to the floor with his face in his hands. I sat down next to him and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Sh-she cheated o-on me..." Jai stuttered in between small cries. I felt my eyes being to sting and my ears were still ringing with anger. How could she?

"I know honey..." I wrapped my right arm around his waist and stood him up so he could sit on the couch. I sat him down and sat on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist and mine around his neck.

"She didn't deserve you anyway." I pressed my forehead against his. "You deserve someone so much better. Soo much better." I emphasized he second 'so.' And it was true. Jai was such a sweetheart to everyone. He never should have gotten cheated on. And so I cried. I sat there and cried for him. My baby brother...broken hearted. It made me just as broken hearted as he was. My baby brother...