Chapter Eighteen

Third POV

"What the hell Taylor? I can defend myself." Eboni scoffs.

Eboni was both surpised yet offended by Taylor's interference to protect her. It gave the girl an odd feeling that she hasn't felt since her parents passing. She's never had anyone willingly put themselves in danger to protect her- except for her parents. So you could say that moment triggered the poor teen.

"I ain't doubtin' that....just best to not fuck with 'em no matter what they do." Taylor tries to explain, rubbing the back of her neck.

Eboni noticed that whenever Taylor did that gesture, she's clearly hiding something. The teen steps back, crossing her arms over her chest. It's true that Eboni still doesnt know much about Taylor & Iris- but she was nearly jumped by three girls that they both know, mostly Taylor.

"Spill. It." The girl demands.

Taylor sighs heavily. She knows Eboni wont take 'no' for an answer whenever she gets that harden stubbornness look in her eyes. "Ugh, fine- whatevea' but we skippin' this shit hole. To many eyes and ears."

At this, Eboni suddenly remembers that she's supposed to be meeting with Jeff. No doubt he heard and witnessed everything, but that doesn't change that she'd somehow would get in trouble if she doesn't follow his orders. While deep in thought, the teen subconsciously stares towards the woods- feeling his eyes on her, but she doesn't see him.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" Taylor ask, throwing her arm over Eboni's shoulders.

"Uh...nothing, yeah let's go. You got some explaining to do." Eboni said, looking up at Taylor and shrugs her arm off her shoulders.

Taylor laughs, rolling her eyes. "Mhm, anyways- ya place?"

Eboni looks at Iris to see if she's alright with skipping school. Iris smiles shyly, nodding her head. With that confirmation, Eboni agrees to let them come to her place. As the three sneak their way off of school grounds, the smiling killer watches- a frown edged on his features.

Once at Eboni's house, the teen explains how her foster parents are still overseas on some sort of business. She sometimes forgot how loaded they really are. Taylor helps herself to the pantry while Iris ask for any snack she may want. Eboni leads them to her livingroom, preferring they stay downstairs.

"Ok you got your food. Now talk. They don't have cameras here or anything. I have the right to know who those three bitches are. And why would you even involve herself in a fucking gang?" Eboni questions calmly, but underneath she's still fuming from the events earlier.

Taylor sighs heavily, sitting back on the couch as she stares at the ceiling. "Yeah...I admit- I was stupid to join 'em, but I ain't have anyone."

"What do you mean?" Eboni ask, leaning forward in her sit.

"My ma...she's a junkie." Taylor shrugs. "A lot of fucked up shit happened to me. Then she showed up."

"Who?"

"The leader of The Red Riders. They a motorcycle female only gang. She took me in and I went up them ranks. Lata' on I met those chicks."

"The three bitches who jumped me? What's their names?"

"The shorty is Emily. Tall one is Trisha. And that bitchy one is Beth." Taylor huffs, becoming irritated at the thought of the third one.

Eboni raised a brow, leaning back in her sit. "So...I'm assuming you were close with those three until you met Iris?"

"Yup. The Red Raiders is so freakin' huge that the leader picked to split the gang inta' groups of four. I was the leadea' of 'em. 'Til I met Iris and Luna. Wanted nothin' to do with 'em at first. But...they grew on me."